1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Zach Randolph blasts officiating for Memphis loss in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dantian

dantian Member

I also thought the refs did make some makeup calls in Rox' favor in the 2nd half. But it's quite equalized over the whole game. The problem for the Grizzs may be that they thought refs were allowing them to do a lot but didn't adjust when they tightened up it later: they felt trapped by the refs not consistently favoring them!:)

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I saw some bad calls go the Rockets favor, but when Harden started driving...the Grizz couldn't touch him.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you slap a guys arm as he drives in the lane, that's a foul.

Yeah it's kind of a cheap way that harden plays, but a foul is a foul. And all the bogus fouls against Dwight when he's posting up this year...Randolph will get no pity from me. In fact I like the taste if tears.

1 person likes this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He's right. We did benefit from the whistle, but at the same time, we were on the back end of some calls. We had a game a few nights ago where we blasts the officials for not giving us calls. I agree with him, but this happens on a nightly basis. I'm just glad that we were the beneficiary this game (somewhat).

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Most weren't touch, he drove ,put the ball out, and got raked across the arms.

Harden often gets the benefit of some bogus run into a guy and flail fouls, but last night they were legit. Stop slapping his arm if you don't wanna get a foul called.

6. Chris Jent MVP

Harden's foul calls are legit. He goes to the rim strong and he gets his defender in a bad position so he usually gets hacked.

It's the lame tick-tack touch fouls on the fadeaway jumpers ala Kobe/Durant that are a problem. But Harden doesn't get those very often. Harden draws contact while attacking the rim. That's his bread and butter.

Harden's way IS the correct way to play. Whiners gonna whine.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I knew it was going to be a long day in the first quater when Randolph would yell everytime he thought he was hit. Everytime. Now mind you, he's tough and deserves foul calls because of him being physical. However, it seemed in the first half, the Rockets didn't match their physicality. The Rockets got out rebounded BAD. It seemed like the Grizzlies would get a finger on every ball that came off the rim. On the other end, the Grizzlies would box out and leave the Rockets to just one shot. The second half was another story. The fourth quarter was another story. It looked like the Rockets matched the physicality and therefore received some calls from the refs. I thought it was evenly officiated because of the ticky tack fouls on Howard. I think this is one of the games that will bring the Rockets together as a team. This was a total team effort and Howard does not being a cheerleader and Harden was just dead dog tired but he kept going. Lin was amazing and DMO stepped up. Good win.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Harden was drawing contact. A couple of ticky tack calls but a lot of the fouls were legit.

9. cw3k

cw3k Member

I wish Harden just try to score instead of drawing foul.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

funny he said nothing about the officiating on Howard

some of the calls on Harden where questionable but most were legit fouls. Dont reach and there wont be a foul called. Simple

1 person likes this.
  11. BreakYoSelfFool

If you hit someone while they are driving to the basket its a foul and they get freethrows. Harden didnt flop on any of his layups.

If they had officiated like that againts the Spurs, the Rockets would have shot freethrows all night....But then again, I think the Spurs would have adjusted like a good team should.

1 person likes this.
  12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Most people who agree with him base it on a number in a box score being outside the norm, not any kind of significant analysis.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wtf theres a dude on reddit who was mad that harden drives with the ball away from his body (i.e arms extended) to draw contact when players swipe at the ball.

fkn trash.

Stop whining about Harden getting calls. Watched Yao and now Dwight get murdered in the post, called for horseshiet offensive fouls, what goes around comes around

1 person likes this.
  14. hollandog

hollandog Member

the replays showed some bad calls no doubt. i would be frustrated if i were rooting for memphis.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THIS. ^

Problem is, the refs will probably let Harden get hammered from here on out.

And Zbo, while maybe correct, didn't mention his own propensity to scream as if prison-raped----for the first time, each time----whenever a Rocket stood near him under his own basket.

"UUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNHHHHGH!"

whistle

"Dude I didn't touch him."

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The only thing Zach Randolph blasts is cheeseburgers

1 person likes this.
  17. Chris Jent MVP

This is the downside of uglyball. (One of many downsides, anyway).

When you focus on defense, you offensive options become limited. Fewer posessions = less room for error.

The game of basketball favors offense. When you fight this, you get a bad result most of the time.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

19. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

The inconsistency is just horrible. Not only is it from game to game, but from quarter to quarter. They need a reffing academy or something to properly train.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Funny listening to that, all I could think of was the 5 fouls against D12 that completely took him out of the game. A couple of the fouls were phantom fouls and one was an absolute flop by the whinny ass Zach Randolph.

Hey Zach, karma's a b****!

1 person likes this.