1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Zach Randolph blasts officiating for Memphis loss in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, bull****, I watched the frigging game in person, and the calls against Howard were just as bad. Harden got hacked- yeah, they could've called a few more against the Rockets in the 4th, but people are exaggerating it b/c he had a lot of free throws. The Grizzlies were playing aggressive D all night, and they started just slapping away when they got tired in the 4th. They have no ******** reason to complain with our 2nd (or 1st) best player taken out on BS fouls for over half the game. F**k zbo.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't have any problem with what ZBO said. No player in the league should be taking 23 free throws in a game. I hate it when my fav team relies so much on free throws and flopping. I'm glad we won but harden is way to talented of a player to be pulling this crap every night

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dwight literally had 5 fouls minutes into the 3rd quarter, where at least 2 of those fouls were completely ticky-tack. It goes both ways, Z-Bo. The man has a point, but the officiating was bad all around for both teams.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rules are rules. Kobe did it. Durant does it.

Get over it

1 person likes this.
  5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

a "should have been goaltending" and a "woops that wasn't really an offensive foul" were all I really saw.

makeup calls for the bad ones that didn't go the Rockets way.

6. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

This.

/thread.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You have to do what you have to do for your team to win. That's honestly what makes harden a superstar, if he's having a bad night, he still finds ways ton contribute and help the team win. Every other player on this team, when they're having a bad night, for the most part, they just all around suck.

Can't knock harden for playing the game and using his skills to the best of his advantage, he's the best in the league and drawing a foul.

Lebron could just as easily take that many free throws per game. Lebron is just built like a damn football player that he has the strength to finish and get a 3 point play. I believe he leads the league in 3 point opportunities. Harden doesn't have the strength to finish those foul shots. so for every foul harden is taking 2 shots, while lebron may be taking only 1.

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I'll save this come Sunday. You'll be crying about Durant like every other Rockets fan on this board.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The fouls on Harden are fine to be called, but if you do that it has to go both ways. Watching that whole game I felt the beginning the calls were against us, and then by the end there were a lot of make-up calls as a result. If you count the ones Harden got and the ones ZBo got earlier, that part would be a wash. Where it becomes imbalanced is in the last five minutes, the refs REALLY swallowed their whistle when the Rockets were defending the paint. We had no legit center out there, so DMo was getting double-team help every time ZBo had the ball, and we were hacking him quite a bit especially on the rebound once it became a loose ball.

Nonetheless, ZBo patents his entire game off of being physical. He should expect that many other teams will fight back in just the same way. He's down there shoving people off their blocks, it's natural he's gonna expect a guard or two reaching over his back as just recompense.

The way the refs could have avoided this would have been to call it fair from the start. I hate hate hate how Memphis took advantage of their increased physicality and the refs just let it slide in the 2nd quarter. All of a sudden their jump shots start missing, and ZBo decides he's gonna revert to his back-up-the-dump-truck tactic. Well tough luck man, looks like the refs swallowed the whistle on your end too.

All in all it was gonna be an unfair game regardless of who won. Because the Rockets won, and because we were at home to boot, it's Memphis who now has the legitimate gripe to the league office. But as JVG proved, people with legit gripes are the ones who get punished the harshest.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't care what the rules are, it makes for lame ass basketball

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The Rockets shot 40 free throws for the 8th time tonight. This isn't even a topic if it's spread around like it usually is.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'd rather win than play the game in a mythically "correct" manner. I felt the Rockets played "correctly" in the T-Mac/Yao era. What did that get us? We lost to a Dallas team where Dirk flopped at every non-contact he came across. Now Yao and T-Mac are footnotes in history while Dirk is an NBA champion.

Yeah, I really don't give a f*** when other teams complain about Harden. I've seen my team on the short end of the officiating stick way too long to care.

Edit: BTW, I don't even think Harden's way of playing is wrong. If the refs call the game this way, why not take advantage of it? Pat Riley took advantage of officiating rules and built two teams that played thug ball. But of course history will remember him as a coaching genius and rightfully so. You do what you have to to win.

#52 meh, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

The refs were pretty bad tonight but not only in favor of the Rockets. ZBo elbowed guys hard multiple times and didn't get called for anything. Some of the foul calls against Dwight were bullsh**.

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Harden got the Lebron treatment with touch fouls. I'm happy for the win, but Z-Bo has a point for tonights game.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

ehh.... dont worry Zbo its ok to lose to a powerhouse, nothing embarrsing about that kind sir. Just make sure you bring you check book to practice tomorrow.

Man how i wish the Rockets could some how acquire his services. $16mil expiring contract, who can def push us over the top. I wish.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

[​IMG]

17. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

The same officials he's complaining about took Dwight out of the game before halftime. Yet, I didn't hear him mention that.

18. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Seems like the refs were calling a touchy game tonight, that's why Dwight and Tony Allen had a hard time staying on the floor. Personally, I hate this kind of officiating, I wish refs would just let the teams play ball. But you can't blame Harden for trying to take advantage of it.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you even watch the game? If all the fouls were called properly all the Memphis big men would have fouled out of the game by half time for mugging DH all game long.

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We always get horrible calls on our guys. Howard got a lot of ticky tack fouls. ZBO acted(flopped) on some, he even mocked Howard when he got his fifth.

Harden actually got fouled more times than he went to the line just two of them were ticky tack fouls but it prolly was call a foul coz the Memphis player swang there hand down trying to stripped him.
    I didn't see any flopping from harden.
    And I hate when he flops just looking for a call. Tonight wasn't one of those nights. Harden got to the line because he earned them by driving in and getting foul not flopping. Plus he drive and passed the ball out to the open man. He got assists on Jeremy's big 3s

Zbo got frustrated on the goaltending no call he wanted it but Jeremy Lin blocked the shot first and then Dmo got the ball so it wasn't goaltending it wasn't even going in, it was on it's way down.
    Then he got upset when he didn't score inside twice in a row.
    And he was picking on DMO but since Dmo is 7 that still bothered him he played zbo great.

And btw we always get badly refereed; Howard no fouls when he is slapped in the arm, Harden some nights he gets no calls when he clearly gets hammered, jLin when does he get a foul call?! Only when he bleeds same w Asik even tho he isn't playing oh and parsons sometimes gets no calls on his drives. Yet I don't see the rockets crying like ZBO.

I Thot he was a man not Blake Griffin.