1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio: Zach Randolph blasts officiating for Memphis loss in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there were some bad calls on both sides but all in all officiating has become a joke and Zbo is right The NBA is getting as bad as boxing. What sucks is that the players and staff can't say shirt without getting fined.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

As a rocket fan i didn't see a problem with the refs tonight lol but i'm sure they sucked for a unbiassed or grizz fan. Refs have always sucked though, its not their fault their just humans and its impossible to call a perfect or even decent game most the time.

I think the nba needs to take advantage of technology by setting up a whole new officiating system that will involve calls being made from experts watching video displays only or something wacky like that lol

4. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Whoa, dude. Did you just go 3rd person on us?

[​IMG]

Jimmy like. Jimmy like a lot. :grin:

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I get his frustration, but Zbo about to get fined.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I don't give a damn, a win is a win. We had to play through bad officiating in the Yao-Tmac era. That's why we don't have 2005 championship ring

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That's how it feels when the basket isn't going in. Just like for us in the 3 Qs. But he can't complain Howard got called for fouls some that where some flops or not really fouls. And zbo didn't then at the end the refs let it play inside the paint on the rebounds. But I rewatch the game and it wasn't ref that bad.

Oh and zbo got all the foul calls in his favor so idk why he is complaining.
    He prolly will get fine too

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have to go to work tomorrow. Don't have 2 hours to kill

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He'd get more sympathy from me if our biggest star wasn't watching the game from the bench due to ticky tack calls being called on him all night.

10. cw3k

cw3k Member

Harden flops a lot and like Weber said, Harden is a good actor.

It is disgusting that you have 2 of 9 shooting with 27 points.

11. claydavis

claydavis Member

this was basically the lakers game. wasnt there 80 free throws in the 2nd quarter that game? only difference is it wasnt a loss.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Love it. We've really gotten under Memphis' skin this year since the preseason. And honestly if they really called everything, Harden would get 18+ FTAs and have teams in foul trouble every single night.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Z-Bo struggle face to accompany audio. :p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Well said.

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I honestly felt like most of the fouls on Harden were fair and legit calls. He did get some touchy fouls but so did Memphis and Z-Bo himself. Most of the fouls on Dwight are questionable. But I would say that Harden was aggressive enough to deserve a high number of foul shots, maybe not 25 but definitely a high number. I mean it wasn't as bad as D-Wade or Chris Paul getting the super touchy fouls or fouls because you are looking at the the wrong way type of fouls.

But I think Z-Bo and the Grizzles should be mad about how they officiated them on offense in the fourth quarter. Now that was some bad officiating. There were plenty of over the back and hacks that the refs missed.

16. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Dwight had 5 fouls within a few minutes of the 3rd quarter, don't complain to me about officiating..

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Now the Blake Griffin/Warrior game form last night was horrible officiating.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

This. I would personally love it if the league go back to its old rules and let players play. We would benefit greatly because we have two of the best interior defenders in the NBA.

But as long as the rules favor guys that can get into the paint, Harden gonna get his FTs.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How many calls was he getting when he was posting up? Dude needs to shut his mouth, they were calling it both ways there was a reason Howawrd barely played..

20. bongman

bongman Member