1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATTN: Red Rowdies.. Special Request

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shaggylambda, Dec 22, 2006.

1. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I would like yall to post in this thread your personal accounts of the San Antonio game. What chants did you do? What was the crowd response to your presence? Can you give us an exclusive recap? This would be totally awsome.. What I'm expecting from this thread is for you to make me feel like I was there. The whole game I was thinking about what yall might be doing.

Yall probably won't be back anytime soon. Party it up and celebrate our win in your Rockets gear.

2. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Also, any Rockets fans that were at the game. Please post your experiences here too? Did the rowdies represent? Did you get harassed by any Spurs fans? Tell it brotha

3. windfern

windfern Member

My congratulations to the Rowdies for doing a good job in SA.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

The game was awesome!!!! I was a few sections over in 223 and we could hear the rowdies loud clear. The Houston fans really represented tonite. everyone was wearing their gear and yelling. This was one of the best game experiences I have had on the road.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm not a bit surprised.

The Rowdies are awesome, adn I cant wait to join them for a couple of games this year...I got offered before, and couldnt make it...but I WILL joinup with them for some good old fashioned cheering this season.

Rowdies. I hear yall every game, and I cant tell you how proud I am to hear yall represent.

Keep up the great work. :)

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I was at the Rockets/Spurs game earlier this year, and we ran into the Rowdies heckling some San Antonio fan. There was some back and forth when the SA fan turned to leave. Coinsedentally, another group of Rowdies were coming around the corner from the other end. On of the Rowdies threw down a sumbrero infront of said SA fan and started dancing around it. Some other rowdies joined in. I thought that was very creative..very spur of the moment, very clean. It got us up and excited about the game...

Awsome job guys. I think we have something revolutionary here with the rowdies. Finally, we have a descent home court advantage, and yall have a lot to do with it.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i came along,
    i like

Who's your daddy Battier?!

For Ginboli: FLOP-PER!
    For Michael Finley: Dallas- Reject...

But the tinman screams " You suck Billy Ocean!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. superden

superden Contributing Member

I personally liked chanting MVP everything Yao shot free throws. Those girls behind us were so annoying. Their screams were piercing my ears.

9. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Man, I am still so pumped from last nite's game.. it was really cool seeing the rocket fans travel like this. I think the Rocket fans are on to something big.

11. hoyarocketsfan

I was with about seven friends from Houston on the very back row in section 223 and for starters the rowdies were defnitely doin a good job. We tried to echo their chants but it was hard with just seven.

In the first half we kept our chants to just heckling the spurs. but once the victory was eminent we started a houston rockets chant and sure enough isolated rockets fans all over the section started to stand up and cheer with us. it was great.

on our way out some weird spurs fan started chanting 1-19 (i think he is confusing that for 1-17 which is our recent record in the ATT center). other than that she spurs fans weren't bad. i think its hard to be rowdy/arrogant fans when your team is SO boring.

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Best chant of the night?

"Spurs are boring, FANS ARENT SCORING"

we even chanted "POWER DANCERS!!!" whenever the Silver Stars were performing

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Awesome

Heckling the other team's cheerleaders. :D

14. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

Ohhhh man what a game!!! Prob the 2nd best game I have been to in my life, and the first one in an opponents arena...man it was fun decked out in Rockets gear looking at the loser spurs fans.

First off the location on the ATT center sucks!!! It is in the getto and nothing around it (retaurants, bars, hotels, etc...). And from the outside it looks like a sheet metal building. But props on the inside...very nice...even the upper section where we were (219). The veiw from up there wasn't too bad either.

On the game....we started loud and got louder as the game went on....chanting "Houston Rockets" on offense and "Defense" all most the whole game through. Had spurs fans right behind us (girls, and no they were not hot) and they were just screaming in this HI pitched sounds....damn that was annoying...but they really didn't have too much to scream about as the game went on...and eventually took off with 4:00 mins left in the 4th. And our section really drowned out there screams anyways.

Had some good chants "flooper" anytime the spurs played actors (duncan and manu) was prob the best...because we were loud and everyone heard it....prob even the players. Prob the best judge of that was when a lady from the Spurs orginization came up and was talking to the rockets guy that was filming us...and she said that she could here us all the way down on the COURT!!!! WE WERE LOUD!!! I can't still speak without it hurting.

Halftime was awesome....we went out to the balcony to get a smoke...and of course it was 10 of us out there and we were giving all the guys a hard time....chanting houston rockets the whole time out there....ppl would come up and try to "debate" but they had no luck....shut them down good. A guy I know kept asking spurs fans "Man my eyes are bad...can you tell me what the halftime score is?" I was just cracking up!!!

The end of the 4th was awesome too.... singing in their HOUSE.... good bye!!! damn that was a good feeling. But the best part didn't come for me until after the game was long done....

Here is the best part!!! We went to McDonalds with 5 guys and was inside waiting on my meal at the counter...and all of a sudden like 4 ppl including the manager go over to the drive thru window...i was like what that hell is going on...so I look and it was Tony Parker. I saw him and started chanting "Toooooneyyyy, Toooooneyyyyy, Toooooneyyyy and grabing my Rockets sweat shirt on the two sides and showing him up!! He looked at me and gave me a smurk....and then I told him he got abused by Rafer!!! And then he put his window up!!!! I was dying laughing...and the manager didn't say anything to me....After Tony left the manager came over to me and said he comes through the drive-thru almost after every home game. Man that was soooo awesome talking trash to him!!! Even though Rafer didn't abuse him...it still felt good saying it. Damn what a night!!! Can't wait till we do this in Dallas

Peace

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

AWESOME!!!!

16. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

I forgot in my original post....but much thanks to krosfyah for arranging this!! Much appriciated!!!

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Good read.. keep it coming guys

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Thanks to all you Clutchfans that came out. There were 50 of us total only only about 15 Red Rowdies. So once the Red Rowdies pop'd the top, you guys joined right in. Without Clutchfans, this wouldn't have been nearly as good. So thanks to everybody that came out.

I didn't see this thread till now. I posted a couple of my commends in the other thread about Section 219 from the SA paper. That was freaking great.

We will definately be arranging another trip. Stay tuned as details emerge. No promises but this went off so well that the Rockets themselves may be more involved next time. We'll see. The Rockets did do a video documentary of the trip that they'll probably make into a half-time segment or something. I'm sure it'll get posted here if any of that footage gets out.

Does anybody have any pictures?

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Rowdies are doing a real service for our team by going to our road games and cheering for them. Too bad I live all the way up here in Vancouver, Canada and have university, otherwise I would join. Maybe when I graduate :D

20. Pocket Rockets

What an experience, i have to say that my brother and i go every year to one dallas game and one spurs game on the road, in the last 4 years. Every single game we have lost, until now!

We sat pretty close to our bench, about 5 seats over in the second row. We got there about an hour and a half early and just watched the rockets shoot around. We were in awe at the experience we were about to witness.

Bonzi, Lucas, and Billy played a one on one rotating game from each wing side of the court. Bonzi of course won, but Lucas hit his fair share of 3s as did Billy suprisingly. An air ball would got as -2 points and a turnover was -1. It was pretty exciting to watch as the usher told us it was definitely worth the money.

We were wearing our red road jerseys and during the game we pretty much clapped and cheered at every positive rockets play. The bench definitely saw us constantly looking over and smiling. Battier came over to grab a towel and we yelled out "great hustle" and he proceeded to wink and smile at us.

Knowing we were around a bunch of rich, quiet corporate douchebags, we refrained from cursing (which if ****ing hard by the way!) We actually had some decent short conversations with some spurs fans who were respectable. But of course there is always that one guy who likes to be the prick. So happens to be the guy in the first row directly in front of us who was wearing a sports coat. Of course he had his whole family there of about 7 or 8 people. At the start of the third quarter a young girl (about 13) asked me if it was ok to sit in the first row and take a few pictures for a minute....i told her no problem. The d******d told her "once you are done, you need to go back to your seat." At first i didn't care, and was just like what a dick.

With about 2 minutes left and the game already won, after nice play by the rockets, we stand up and cheer like we have been doing the whole game. The prick then tells us "sit down so the people behind you can see." Now mind you there is probably a good 10 feet before the row behind us. I look at him and say, "what the hell? We can't cheer?" Then he had the audacity to tell me not to talk back to him! I start laughing and tell him to watch the game and enjoy this blowout! My brother says we paid for these tickets so we can do as we please! We start yelling and cheering even louder to try to annoy the hell out of him.

As soon as the game was over we had a few rocket faithfuls come up to us to cheer and talk about the game, unfortunately, the usher quickly told us to leave, which is weird because it was just over! So we left and went outside to see some of the rowdies.

I know we got on tv because my phone blew up telling us we were caught on tv.
    good win and great experience.

krosfyah, i have a ton of pics that i will post later.