1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attn: Morey Kool-Aid Slurpers and delusional "Calm down, we will still win the championship" homers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dream Shook, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

Please just stop. Not right now. Please.

Let the realistic fans be angry. They have every right to be right now. Stop telling them that pointing out this ineptitude by the Rockets is a "hot take." And that the Rockets are still world beaters when they just told the entire NBA that they were willing to gut the entire roster for Jimmy Butler only to get snubbed and be left with the guys they were publicly trying to trade.

This is a moment of EPIC failure for Morey and the Rockets organization, and THEY SHOULD BE HELD OVER THE FIRE BY THE FANS. The fans shouldn't just say "Oh well, no big deal, we were still pretty good last year when we lost to the Warriors for the umpteenth time, we'll be ok." We should be pissed, and shaking our heads, and laughing in disbelief, and out for blood.

Not because Butler decided Houston sucks and South Beach is awesome, but because of all the grandstanding on social media, the laughable overconfidence, and the overall smug, whiny image of the Rockets front office, who act like BIG WINNERS when they havent won jack s**t, telling the basketball world they're holding a Royal Flush only to get folded and exposed by Pat Riley.

All of the real fans venting their frustrations right now and calling for heads to roll DESERVE to vent and they DESERVE to hold the organization that they ride or die for and spend their hard earned money on year in and year out ACCOUNTABLE! That's what fanbases of perennial WINNING clubs do, they hold their teams accountable.

Lakers fans (as much as I hate them), Patriots fans, Yankees fans, they aren't satisfied with anything less than a championship, or at least a championship caliber roster EVERY YEAR, YEAR AFTER YEAR. ANYTHING less is considered a failure! That's the kind of culture the Rockets should be trying to emulate. Not whiny, happy with 6th place Chicken Hawks.

So please stop with all the delusional "Calm down, we didnt lose anything, this is no big deal, it's to be expected, we're still pretty decent, bla blah blah" THOSE are the real hot takes. Those are the real knee jerk reactions some of you are conditioned to react with.

It's called accepting mediocrity.

And it should have NO PLACE in the Houston Rockets organization.

Go Rockets.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I remember my first FA signing day...........

3. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

4. dmoneybangbang

5. Ratman

Ratman Member

oh yeah no warriors, totally can win the championship, I mean LeBron and Anthony Davis aren't debatably the 2 most consistent night in and night out players in the NBA or anything, and they have kuzma....oh yeah and 32 mil to spend....totally not as scary as steph and klay....if we play perfect, sure we can win, but when have we played that good? the game 7 series vs golden state? that chris paul is long gone....pj will be 35....

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

If you want to be angry. Be angry. No one is stopping you.

Highlyrated, awc713, amaru and 6 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

#LimpWalkItBack

8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

We have too many fans who can't think for themselves objectively and blindly believe whatever the organization and Morey does is never to be criticized

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

tldr

WE WILL HAVE OUR PICK OF THE FREE AGENTS

smp likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Deuce, Os Trigonum, BigShasta and 8 others like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Calm down

xtruroyaltyx and Ramo$e like this.
  12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm more concerned about why you made a fake @DreamShook account.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

*Morey sharts on a park bench*

Morey worshippers: "He meant to...so nobody would sit there"!

After being on this forum for about a decade, I will tell you that there are delusional homers that would defend Morey to lengths they wouldn't even defend Harden. The front office has brainwashed these people to a pretty deep extent.

Corpusfan, jowman, luckyman76 and 6 others like this.
  14. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

LOL

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I get it... totally do, but I do want to put it out there that maxing out a player like Jimmy Butler at his age when he’ll clearly be 3rd or 4th banana might be a blessing in disguise.

I think folks are just feeling like they need someone to be excited about next year, and I feel that way too. I just think the ability to have some self control here in the front office is a positive. Many front offices would try and save face with a Julius Randle type of trade/signing.

But I get it... the Rockets need to get the fan base excited some way.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yep.. In Morey y'all trust!.. I don't like the attention craving mfer.... He's kinda getting Grudenesque with just wanting to be in a off-season discussion..

cheke64 likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

There's different opinions for different kind of fans. The blend of them all is one of the millions of reasons of what makes being a fan of sports fun.

You're not better or worse than anyone here.

#nobigdeal

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is right.

DD

Jake Tower and Dream Shook like this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

We (rockets) look like complete fools. Only ones stupider are the ones thrilled at our own complacency

mastan, Dream Shook and cheke64 like this.