1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attention Rocket Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, May 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

As you know every year they give us a real nice thank you gift for being a great fan,This year we have not recieved our gift however I recently found out what are gift will be and when it will be shipping.
    I find this gift rather dissapointing and the lack of effort that was made.
    Here it is folks Rockets will be sending out a FULL collection of Bobblehead dolls to Season Ticket Holders

Now if you ask me this is Crap and find it very insulting to us who stood inline and got these exact same dolls.
    Thats what happens when the marketing team as well as promotions team is extremely poor.
    The people they have now do not care about the fans only a paycheck and thats the truth!

This is in no way directed towards the Players or team members they give 100% every time Im speaking about the Rockets front office and their lack of creativity.

#1 TroyBaros, May 9, 2002
    Last edited: May 9, 2002
  2. B

B Contributing Member

Man, I'd be happy with that. Sell them on EBay and you'll get between $50 and $100 for each one, or if you already sold yours, you now have a set to keep. What have some of the gifts in the past been? Surely that weren't worth $150-400 on the open market?

B

3. minnieme

minnieme Member

You are right B .... one of my co-workers offered me $200.00 for my full set ..... :)

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Dude, I've spent a total of $135 on my set of bobbleheads, and then when I broke two of them I spent another $100 to replace them. There's a lot more idiots like me out there. The Rockets essentialy just gave you $200. The Moochie bobblehead alone can fetch up to $100 bucks. You can click on the links below for proof. If you don't like Ebay, then I'm sure there's people on this board who will buy them from you. Or, you can trade them for a Kwame Brown bobblehead! Or to a lesser extent, two Desmond Mason bobbleheads. :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822656025

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822655846

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825221716

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will give someone $200 for a full set.

DaDakota

6. minnieme

minnieme Member

I think I am going to post mine on e-bay to see how much I can get ;)

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Last year we got hand-clock. Not bad. I still have it.

When the hell do we get our bobblheads? Is it one bobblehead per ticket or one per season tix holder? I hope its one per ticket, because I share my 3 season tickets with a friend of mine. And we dont want to split our bobblheads damnit!

One set sold on ebay a while back for around $190. I cant find it anymore though.

8. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If it makes you feel any better...I spend $285 per ticket to the Knicks for my season tix and they sent me the CD single "Go NY, Go NY, Go!"

9. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

How much are season tickets im curious, please i would like to know

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I believe Rockets season tix range in price from $440-$30,000. For about $1,200 you can get pretty good ones on the upper prom.

11. DCkid

What?! :eek: Are you saying $285 times 42? We know who the rich posters are.:eek: $11,970

There's a good deal for Wizards tickets next season where they are selling season tickets in the $35 seats for a total of $630, which works out to $15 a ticket. That's pretty damn good! I don't have any intention of going to every single game, but that deal is so good, I think it's probably worth it.

12. TroyBaros

They will start shipping in june along with our next years invoices lol....You know good point if we have two tickets we should get to sets. But you know as well as I do those lame ducks up in the front office won't do it.
    Extremely Poor marketing and Ideas lack.
    But then again if you check your media Guide half the hair brained idea's come from women. That is mostly who is in the front office.
    WOMEN

Now you see why it is a disaster in the marketing area

13. DCkid

:eek:

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Umm Mrs. JB where are you? Troy is talking smack! :)

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Dumb. Ass.

16. TroyBaros

Oh thats real good, Spare me the name calling please it is the truth for those who have any clue on what is employed in the front office you will see that its mostly made up of Women.

Sorry but it is the truth the marketing and Promotions department sucks.

Look at your media guides and tell me what percentage makes up for the office area who are women.
    I do not care how many women jump on me for this If you do not like it do not read it.

17. minnieme

minnieme Member

If the marketing team sucks than they just suck. It isn't because they are women, it is because they aren't good marketing people .... to state that it is because they are women is an ignorant small minded statement .......

:mad:

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok I won't. Poof you're on ignore.

19. Hasher

Hasher Contributing Member

I have to ask this. Ooo! Ooo!

Does the set include Mo-T? Is it only his head that bobbles???

:D

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

hey...women are adequate as sports people...a girl I know knows everything about the NBA, NFL, MLB, and college baseball, basketball, and football. Don't ask me how she retains the players, stats, ect. but she never misses a Sportscenter or PTI or Best Damn or anything...she's a sports junky. And she's fine.

My dream girl.