1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attention City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 16, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

In a hypothetical world, if you could distribute 10 championships to the Sports teams of Houston, I would have Rockets take all 10 championships

I wouldn't trade even 1 Rocket championship for 5 Eggball Texan championships. Texans don't deserve diddly squat and rightly have an empty trophy cabinet that has collected dust over the years.

No way.

[​IMG]

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch City is the name given because the Rockets won the championships
    and the greatest heroes this city has ever seen

What have the Texans given to Houston? What name or names?

Dream won the MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP

Who the hell is going to do that again? for Houston?

tim562 and Balldon'tlie like this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As someone pointed out earlier: the Texans play 16 games - 8 at home - while the Rockets play 82 games - 41 at home. That makes Texans' games somewhat of an event such as it is and it's way easier to get excited for 8 games vs. 41 games spread out over a long season. What hurts the Rockets more is that this is first and foremost a football state. Worse, it's a Dallas Cowboys football state because of the success they've had in the past and superb marketing by their ownership. The Texans are relevant in the Gulf Coast area mainly because fans remember the years of no pro football when the Oilers left. Even though both Texas NBA teams have won championships, they have failed to generate the sustained level of success necessary to rival the allure of football in this state. If you compare the state's NFL teams vs. its NBA teams then it's the NFL with the Cowboys making what appears to be a Super Bowl run that's grabbing all of the sports attention in this state. The Texans are still on pace to be a playoff team as they lead their division. You simply can't say that for neither the Rockets nor Mavericks right now. It is what it is and bashing the Texans (which is far too easy) does not change that fact.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It was half empty today. Also Red Rowdies yelling rockets during National Anthem is disrespectful.

5. touring_low

touring_low Member

I saw the attendance was only like 15k ppl smh. I was so close to buying last minute tickets since they got so cheap.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Almost every city with an NFL team is a football city first. The NFL just dwarfs the NBA, MLB and NHL.

macho GRANDE and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Rockets seats in my experience tend to be a lot more expensive than seats in most stadiums I go to. I can generally get a ticket to a nuggets game in the first 3 rows for cheaper than a decent upper level seat at a rockets game

8. Buck Turgidson

NBA is the 3rd most popular sport in the country, 4th if you separate NFL from college football. It's just how it is.

9. rockets13champs

Baseball isnt #2 because mostly men over 45 watch it. Nba is more popular to age 45 and under than baseball

10. MightyBeard

MightyBeard Member

As much as I love basketball, it will always be easier to sell out 8 games once a week versus 41 games multiple times a week.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Les needs to lower the prices ASAP. This is probably a 7th-8th seed team maybe 4-5th if they get lucky. Houstonians don't show up for basketball game.

#51 Air Langhi, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i wish i could go, but tickets are facking expensive...

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Check flash seats. People are reselling extras. I saw they were like $12 for the 76ers game

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Did you intentionally omit the Spurs?? Lol

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No, because to compare both the Rockets & Mavericks to the Spurs would be cruel. Since the discussion referenced the Texans vis-a-vis the Rockets (NFL vs. NBA), I focused on the two Texas cities with teams in both leagues.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand the NFL and football is more popular in Texas.
    The Texans are a great example cause they haven't really been elite. Not like the Clutch City Rockets elite comparatively .
    But the Texans still sell out.
    Also Houston has lots of non native Houstonians who moved because of work , cost of living etc. You'll see tons of other fans.

The Cowboys have always been more popular than the Texans/Oilers, the most loyal Cowboys fans I know live in Houston.
    Jerry Jones built a greater brand and no one will ever accuse him of being cheap like certain owners here

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Thanks for the tip I copped seats for tomorrow for $20

18. rockets13champs

Were gonna have to wait till the raiders come to San Antonio

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Simple math...If the Rockets average around 14,000 a game, they will have the same attendance as the Texans for a full season. If the Texans played 41 home games, they would most likely not draw 70,000 a game.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. MONON

MONON Member

Good, then don't say anything at all!

macho GRANDE likes this.