1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attention City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 16, 2016.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

One reason. Because Houston fans are fair weather when it comes to anything other than Texans.

Ticket prices also play a role. When you have a model of super cheap tickets and fan/stadium interactions like when it comes to the Astros, it goes a long way. I don't think I've ever spent less than 100 and that's just my wife and I. Including tickets, parking, food, and maybe beer.

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I was going to say the same thing. 8 Texans games vs. 41 Rockets home games this year. If I were able to make it to Houston and could only see 1 of these games..I'd see the Texans. Why? Because it's much more likely that the next time I'm able to make it to Houston that the Rockets are playing at home and I'll be able to see them on that trip. With only 8 home games there's more urgency to see the Texans..while you still have 5 more months of Rocket games.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

out of curiosity I crunched the #'s. Reliant holds 577,760 people across 8 home games. Toyota Center holds 721,720 people across 40 home games (this season). If all 577,760 Texan ticket holders bought one ticket to a Rockets game (spread equally across the season) then Toyota Center would still be almost 3,000 people under capacity at every game. Although it would be a better turnout with a higher likelihood of sellouts, you've got to figure that there are some NFL fans that just don't care about the NBA, just like there are many NBA fans that just don't care about the NFL - so many of those tickets would cancel others out.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

While I think most sports fans when you put them as a whole are terrible it is clear to see that Houston sports fans are some of the worst. The OP is a prime example of how bad Houston sports fans are. Take pride in your damn city, son. Quit the holier-than-thou shtick. There is an obvious reason why Houston is a football city and why Texans games are sold out.

Sundays are an event. NFL is an American sport and Americans take pride in that whether on purpose or subconsciously. There are 8 home games for the Texans. The NRG can fit nearly 75,000 people. The population for the Houston area is more than 5 million. You do the math. No, I'll do it for you. That means that the NRG can fit roughly only 1.5 percent of the Greater Houston population in its stadium. 8 home games. There are 8 games a year in Houston. Do you really think people are going to not go when they get the chance? Have you ever been to a Texans game? The atmosphere is crazy. It's an event.

Now the Rockets play 41 home games in a matter of 7 months. These are games on weekdays. The upper bowl gets filled up. You don't see it on TV. Upper bowl seats are relatively cheap especially with no places to purchase tickets like FlashSeats. The lower bowl that you see on TV though? Like someone mentioned before those aren't seats for the real fans who pay for it. Those seats are given away to people who just happen to got the right job. Coming to the game late doesn't affect them because they paid $0. If someone paid $100 for those sections then they'd be in their seat, but since a majority of those seats are given away to people then it is less likely that they will be filled.

If you want to get the seats filled for Rockets games then find those people who give out free tickets. Don't attack a Houston sports team. The Texans have done nothing but shown love and support to the Rockets and the city of Houston. The Rockets the same to the Astros and Texans. Don't be one of those bitter fans. The Texans aren't even a terrible team. Seriously. the AFC east in which the Patriots play in has 2 more combined wins than the AFC south. The AFC west has a combined 12 wins. NFC west has 15 combined wins. NFC south? 17 wins. NFC north? 16. There are only two truly juggernaut divisions. Say our division is the easiest in the league, but we're leading the damn division at the moment and I believe only 6 teams in the league have a better overall record. Stop being a bitter hater. If you don't like football then guess what? No one is telling you to watch it! No one is telling you to talk about it! Stop being a jealous baby. Get. Over. It. and stop filling the GARM with childish posts trying to get what YOU want because YOU aren't the city of Houston. YOU are just one person. And if someone hates the Texans or football in general.. that's ok! But don't try to act like people who like the Texans are being conned and tricked and deceived. Let people do whatever the hell they want.

And if you want to boycott the Texans then I guess you can do it. But keep it the hell off of this forum.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

don't mind me just came here to read the customary FTW Rockets FTW egg ball rant.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Texas is a Football state. Like it or not, Rockets will seemingly always be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in the city depending on how bad the Stros are doing.

7. hvic

hvic Member

I know a guy that pays for one of the rockets suites for this whole season and barely even goes to the game. He doesn't even want to sell the tickets. Stubborn guy

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

texans need to draft deshone kizer

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yes! That is exactly what I am saying.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, have to agree. Love the Rockets, but have to watch the Texans too, and watch Astros... I'm basketball and football all the time, but baseball... Have to wait towards end. Houston all the way, and before the Texans it was the Oilers.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I can't pay to watch Sewer run around like a headless chicken. I can barely watch it on TV.

13. hvic

hvic Member

Buying overpriced beer at the Toyota Center helps

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

First off, why the F would you mention the Cowboys? What do they have to do with Houston? F that team.

Its easier to make it to one game a week on a Sunday, as opposed to games during the work week, that start at 7PM. With football being once a week, its like an event. Mine as well call Sunday, "Footballday". And let's not forget the obvious that we live in a Football State. It's king down here. Plus with the debacle last year, I don't think people are rushing to go see the Rockets right now.

15. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'm not from Houston but I feel embarrassed for the team on home games. It is such an awkward feeling to see that empty as a fan.
    Usually this disengagement it the management fault and not the fans.
    Tickets might be overpriced, which this is something to learn from Cuban that reduced prices in order to attract more crowed.
    The corporation tickets in the front seats is one ugly thing that needs to get stopped.
    I know it's a business but sometimes it's worth losing some potential profit in order to upscale your product for years to come.

At the moment it just makes the team looks bad

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

For starters I love all 3 teams, and would be over the moon if ant of them were competing for anything.

However, since Stockton hit the shot, what have the Rockets done that has made them so much more deserving of our money? The Texans have advanced in the postseason as many times in the last 5 years as the Rockets have in almost 2 decades. And Pringles felt like the ultimate not really trying to win hire. Plus they are coming off easily the most aggravating season since I've been a fan.

The Texans have no impact on the Rockets (last and next to last in attendance the 2 years before the Texans existed) It pisses me off hearing people constantly complaining about one as though it's taking away from the other. If you want to complain fine, but don't bring the Texans into it.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do not be alarm.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at lazy defense. the texans defense is the main reason they're 6-3 not bc of brock and the horrible offense

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Firstly, a "your" / "you're" mistake is something I'd expect from a redneck football fan.

Secondly, the Rockets don't have a championship since the existence of the Texans franchise. Something I am in no way happy about.

Go Rockets / Texans.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the Rockets championships are pure and true and Dream coming to America then playing at UH and then the Rockets is the best story

#40 tinman, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016