1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Attainable 3 & D Role Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, May 12, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Justin Brownlee

$507,336 minimum rookie salary deal

Look him up. Git 'er done.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

30.9 3pt% ain't exactly 3&d. Would rather have a proven and consistet 3pt shooter on this team.

3. ironariza

ironariza Member

corner 3 39% last 2 month 48%

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hated Ariza when he was here, but he has looked great for the Wizards.

If everything plays out, we clear cap and end up using sign and trades, he could be a good MLE target.

5. sutton

sutton Member

Hill exchange for Lin+cash straight up,

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The best 3 and D players that the Rockets should look for next season :

Troy Daniels
    Rob Covington

7. basketballholic

We really can't afford to sign anybody until we figure out what we're going to do about Asik and Lin and making a move for a 3rd best player. Once we have taken a course on that, then we can bring in guys but not likely for more than one year guaranteed if we haven't been able to obtain a Love/Bosh/Melo/Aldridge/Rondo type player.

However, if we get that third best player then you can talk about adding Vince for 1 year guaranteed at $3 million.

The hottest commodity for us right now (actually after the July Moratorium) would be to find some 3&D guys that we could sign for the rookie minimum that may turn into something. That's why I'm advocating guys like Justin Brownlee and C.J. Williams (not as confident about his D but a great shooter) for rookie scale minimum salary deals.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Where do you get advanced D-League player stats from? Thanks in advance.

9. ironariza

ironariza Member

nbdl officical site

1 person likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just naming a few guys I didn't see mentioned that should be attainable - healthy Al Harrington, Boris Diaw, Devin Harris, Dorell Wright, Andre Miller.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks breh. And sorry for the Thanasis jokes, I'm cool with you. :p

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Now, we're cooking with gas! Love all these new names and ideas. I'll do some research on them tonight to give my thoughts. Not like it's going to affect anything but still interesting.

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

how about getting players that know the basic of defense rotation?
    Haren - don't care about it
    Lin - always help out
    Jones - suck at it
    Beverley - slow at it
    Howard - usually commit foul for it

14. oakdogg

That's what I'm talking about - all for it!

15. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

I've been reading threads similar to this one, and I'm shock that people are still mentioning their names as possible trade item. I mean, why'd they expect Lebron and Bosh to come here? Are you guys nuts? They won't leave the sunny beaches of Miami!

And Bosh is tight with Lebron and Wade, did no one see how well they bonded during the 3 years? Did no one ever followed Miami Heat here to not know about their team struggles, and what Wade had to do to get Lebron on board?

They have a bigger market there than here too, and imagine their salaries getting cut because Harden and Dwight are already in Houston!

And not to mention they're still the defending champs, and I don't see anyone diminishing their chances aside from the Spurs to still win straight in a row for at least 2 more years.

They're a strong and establish team, they have Pat Riley and Spoelstra who's been on the same page since day one!

And us? Who do we have? We have an incompetent head coach Mchale and a GM and Owner who's hellbent on getting superstars somewhere else than polishing one of their own.

We might as well just dream of Love or Carmelo to come here before Lebron or Bosh. Though I'm still on the fence regarding Carmelo, since NY is a bigger stage than here, and he is the superstar there, and oh, Phil is managing that team now. I might buy the Love/Mchale angle.

Vince Carter also stated he would love to sign another contract with Dallas so that's a no go.

Its gonna be a hijack win for Morey if he signs Mills/Deng in our team this year or next, I'd go build a shrine for him if that ever happens. LOL

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

...aaaaand we get to the real point of this thread. :grin:

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Carl, you made a new account?

18. anchel

anchel Member

Avery Bradley. But too expensive.

Tucker will stay in Phoenix.

Thabo is an option.

What about Stephen Jackson for vet min.

I would like to see 2Pat back. Always liked him and there are good chances that he's a better defensive rebounder nowadays.

19. oakdogg

We're not talking about Bosh, DWade, or any other third star possibilities. Go to any one of a million other threads for that. Try reading the opening OP post next time.

Also, I can't think of a time when a free agent hasn't expressed a desire to stay with his current team when asked. Yet, free agents continue to switch teams, don't they? I don't think this quote means VC is not attainable.

20. oakdogg

I think just about everybody but the delusional would want to get rid of that contact. Clearly not the point of this thread. Only mentioned it, because we have no need or money for another point guard unless Morey pulls it off.