1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATT Sportsnet channel (Astros)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by the shark, May 24, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe they were playing the Rangers… would have been blacked out.

Otherwise, he would have been able to watch it. I’ve watched other team’s games when attending an Astros game. MLB.TV has been around since 2001 (longer than any other streaming service… before streaming and smartphones was a mainstream thing), and I have a decent amount of familiarity with it.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Ok, maybe that's the case. I just remember he was extremely indignant about that situation. "I'M IN AN MLB PARK WHY AM I BLACKED OUT!!"

lol

3. Buck Turgidson

Right. They're not blackdedouted, you just choose not to pay to watch them.

#263 Buck Turgidson, Jan 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  4. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

It was my understanding a few months back that if I live in Austin and have an Amazon Prime subscription, I would be able to watch the 2024 Astros games (perhaps at an additional fee?). But I’ve done some searching around Prime this morning and not seeing where or how this is an option on Prime. Can somebody tell me where to look, what to search for, or perhaps this is still an on-going negotiation that isn’t yet available on Prime? Thanks

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Prime is supplementing the Bally's channels (Sinclair legacy channels), not the Astros channel. All the old fox sport channels that turned into Ballys will presumably be available for eventual streaming on amazon, but not sure if its live yet.

The only chance the Astros channel gets available like that is based on what the Astros/Rockets want to invest to do so. They also didn't declare bankruptcy like the Sinclair group which led to this turn of events and Amazon's involvement, so as I understand it hasn't been a required option yet.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To piggy back on this, amazon does seem to have access to MLB tv or MLB extra innings type games... and I was able to stream Sunday's Astros game via this (even had the SCN feed).

However it looks like the Astros game was a "free" MLB.tv game that day, and I presume they lift blackout rules for all of those, so may not be an option if you're in an Astros market.