1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atkins - Again !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Hey guys,
    Especially DaDakota 4 pounds in 4 days ??? :eek: im on a diet right now eating mostly everything but moderately, but im working out like crazy but cant compare that to 4 pounds in 4 days.... is there a website were i can get information on howt o do the Atkins diet properly???

2. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

I didn't read all 3 pages of this yet so what I'm saying is probably redundant but Atkin's is not a long term lifestyle. What someone said about Keith Klein's article is true and Atkin's users tend to have a high cholesterol and blood pressure.

Of course, props to you and everyone who has lost weight on Atkins, but I lost over fifty pounds over a time span of a year by following a simple formula.

Daily caloric intake - 2000 < Total Caloric expenditure = Good job.

3. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

P.S. Losing 4 lbs over 4 days is considered unhealthy.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Hey guys. Did a lot of cheating this weekend.
    Not eating, but partying.
    It all started when I got together with some friends at Live and began drinking Crown and Diet Cokes.
    Afterwards my girl wanted to go to Lake Charles.
    We made the trip down there and the drink were FREE so binging ensued.

Its alright though, I had a stressful week and needed to get really wasted.

Im back on the program hard now.
    And Im getting lots of comments about losing.
    I guess I'll just drink wine next time like DD.

I know some people say you can drink Barcardi and Diet Cola, but I'll stick to wine.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well the wine slowed it down considerably...but still had a good time.

I am still purple and losing inches and pounds...

DD

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I started 2 weeks ago after my 5 year old daughter poked me in the belly and said, "Daddy, you need to take a diet."

2 weeks later and I'm down 13 pounds with my only exercise being swimming a few laps in the pool in the evening.

I'm commited this time. 5'9" 230lbs was where i started. 175lbs is where I'm headed.

7. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Congrats man. Sucks about the ankle, I tore my acl in 2000 and it sucked not being able to exercise for some time so I feel your pain.

I lost about 20 pounds in the last year simply by running/joggin/walking/playing soccer and basketball and eating smaller portions. I don't worry about counting calories or eating a certain amount of carbs or this and that. If you are dedicated to exercise and eat decent portions of foods you will be fine. I cut out sodas, and fast food. I understand some people are obsese and need these diets but to me life is too short to worry about counting calories and things like that. Just be disciplined and exercise 4-5 times a week and eat descent portions throughout the day.

8. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

if it works for you...then that's great.

i really don't know a whole lot about any sort of diet...

...but i lost 20 pounds this summer eating everything i wanted (which doesn't mean eating everything, because i don't want to eat too much unhealthy food - makes me feel like crap), worked in a lumberyard, and played sports at least 4 times a week for 2 hours each time...so yeh. i prefer eating what i want when i want and having fun with sports to not only keep the weight off...but feel better as well.

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Progress reports guys!

I started a little over a month ago, 8/2/05...down 25 lbs and fitting into my work clothes very comfortably.

10. DaDakota

Hey Falcon...

I am only down 15...but went to a friends wedding in England (and drank a lot) and have had 2 vacations.

Still losing though, but having to recover my purpleness.

:)

DD

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

15 down is 15 down!!! With all the traveling you've been doing, I'd say 15 lbs is quite an accomplishment.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

down 6kgs, a belt notch and most of my love handles

feeling great

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

IS there a book or package that you buy to do this diet? How can you tell what stage you're in?

14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

http://atkins.com has a lot of basic information in the 'why it works' and how to do it' sections. That should give you the basic info.

15. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I'm going back on Atkins starting next week. I had way too much beer this summer. Gained 15 pounds in 3 month, got to lose them fast.

Any meal suggestions for poor and busy college students?

16. DaDakota

Back in the purple and marching towards the last 15.....

Feeling good, and starting to look pretty good too....

I had wine and a Steak tonight.....life is good.

DD

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

My doc is telling me to go on a low carb, low sugar diet. My blood tests showed high triglycerides, low hdl and pretty high cholesterol. While I'm not overly fat, I do have a good spare tire working. In the past 5 years I've gained about 20 lbs and gone from a 34 to 36 inch waist.

I don't think I'll go full out Atkins, but I've done a good job this week of not eating any bread, no sugar soft drinks, no sweet fruits, no potatoes and some other things. Even though I haven't hit the low carb diet hard, I'm stil getting major sugar cravings, but haven't binged yet.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Reducing carbs and sugar is one thing. It's a good idea for nearly everyone who is overweight. Doing the Fatkins diet is another. It is nutso.

Go ahead and eliminate the sugarfied drinks & snacks while cutting down the breads and starchy veggies. But don't go overboard and starve your body of carbs. If you avoid the processed garbage (including liquids) that most Americans are addicted to and eat natural foods, your weight will be fine. The concentrated calories and addictive flavors in processed foods are killing people slowly.

To get your HDL up, try exercise. Consuming more monounsaturated fat would also help.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Eat a little chocolate here and there, maybe some ice cream? A cookie. Just a little doesn't hurt. You can find some yogurts at 40 calories/7 carbs.

20. Asian Sensation

I was looking at one of my posts in this thread and .... ******* 2 years flew by fast!