1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At this points, would the Rockets be able to beat Philly if we made the Finals?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Who wins in the Finals?

1. Fully healthy Rockets

68.9%
  2. Fully healthy Sixers

31.1%
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

If Adam Silver and his crooked refs don't **** us, then yeah we would.

2. smokieethabear

I would've said Rockets hands down but then I realized they now have a new threat who goes by the name of..

James Ennis

The Third

:)

malakas and harold bingo like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Capaela would get fouled out tryna guard embiid!

But would Butler defer to embiid when game on the line!?

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Well rox have the best player in the matchup. There is always a chance.

Hakeemtheking and SRR21 like this.
  5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I am very concerned with the depth of our team. 28 games left and the past injury problems plus overall age of roster. Running 2 man short on roster. Now hands tied on spending it seems like way to many factors to over come for a successful season.

6. nemac

nemac Member

So the process.... worked? :O

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If the Warriors' team plane crashes and we somehow find ourselves in the Finals (I doubt we beat OKC even), then I don't think we'd beat the 76ers. We are like 25th in defense, people keep forgetting that. That would have to drastically improve and I don't see that happening all of the sudden.

8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I’ve always wondered what would happen to a team if something like that happened. Like, say it’s game 7 of the finals, and the team playing had their plane crash with no survivors, when would the game take place, who would play in it, and would the other team celebrate after they whoop that team.

IDIOT?

9. MystikArkitect

If it took the Rockets longer than 5 games to drum the Sixers I’d be disappointed.

They have no shot at beating Toronto or Milwaukee though.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

@justtxyank and myself were just discussing this. would you like to get in on the tip jar bet. I believe a turnaround will happen, discussion starts at the end of page 5

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...e-tax-while-signing-buyout-guys.296383/page-5

justtxyank likes this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I mean.... IF we got to the Finals then we would have beaten the Warriors, so yes.... if we did that then we could beat Philly.

It's too bad we don't have homecourt over everyone like last year, but ultimately I just want to be healthy, in top 4, and get another shot at GSW. I hate getting bounced by them the last 3 out of 4 years, but it is what it is heh.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

YES!!!

malakas likes this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Depth is the best it has been since the beginning of the season. Think about it, we got of the unplayables and added Rivers, Faried and now Shumpert. If you consider Nene playable against certain matchups (e.g. Adams), then the Rockets can legitimately play 9 guys. That's deep.

What we lack is size, which we will be an issue against some of the top east teams.

I am on record by stating we are much better than last year's team, which proved to be very thin in the depth department with injuries to Luv and Ryan Anderson's regression.

The remaining 28 games will be used to get everybody adjusted and if everybody is healthy, we will only be behind the Worriers as the favorite to come out of the West.

14. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Depends. What are the luxury tax implications of winning a championship?

15. deshen

deshen Member

neither teams would be in final.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not trying to be a debbie downer but I hope we can make the playoffs first. Lets stay focused on the season for now.

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]