1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

at the fonde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Jul 22, 2004.

1. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

i went to go watch the player in the houston pro summer league play. it SUCKED!!!

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

Would you mind describing..giving a report? :D

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

a bit more info maybe? who played?

4. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

i saw the 3rd game of the night at 8:30PM. it was a team wearing black which consisted of Rashard Lewis and Damon Jones. The MC referred to rashard and "leaf" Lewis. I saw Cuttino Mobley there as well, i guess he was just done with his game. He seemed pretty chill. He was sitting in the corner of the gym alone. Also, I saw Mark Bryant. He had a short stint with the Rockets. umm.. Tina Thompson also made an appearance, she didn't play.
    As I tried to find a parking spot off of Sabine St, I noticed that there were a lot of nice cars there. I was in awe. This is definitely a place to go and catch some NBA talent go to work. It was boring but it killed time. Here's the website if anyone is interested:
    http://www.procityhouston.com/index.htm

5. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Ah, EG is there, is he trying to show off his mad skillzzzzz to get back on the team? I hope he doesn't shoot anyone on the court.

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Its best if you try to get there for all three games. I've seen some good action the two days I've been there. If you only come to see the NBA players and not just good basketball in general then you might be disappointed. The NBA players are like the icing on the cake but there are a lot of good players there...I've seen most of these guys play in either high school or college. Its fun to watch.

7. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

How did Damon Jones play? I've read somewhere that the heat signed Keyon Dooling. So we now have a shot at him. But for a reasonable price only.... Mike James can also be had if that signing is confirmed

8. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I was there during the end of the 1st game and about half of the second. Cat had a couple of sweet dunks, but looks a tad out of shape. I stood right next to Damon Staudamire and man is he small! Kinda made me feel like I could of been a baller. Thats pretty much what it looks like when you watch the games. You think, man I could run with these guys.

9. rocket3forlife2

I was there on monday this is what i saw.

mocchie norris had some handles and pretty much controlled the flow of the offense on the team. He is taller than i thought.

damon stodimarie was money at the three point line

damon jones go alot of shots up, but he missed alot. he hit them when they needed them.

rashaed lewis I think was the best player out there. without really playing too, hard he took over when he got ready and can jump out the gym.

chris gatling old golden state warrior center was there he was out of shape ,but could still shoot scored his team like last 8 points.

some white point guard from rice that was crossing everyone over was surprising also.

10. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

I agree, i go for the game not just cause its NBA players. You'll find some really good talent there. I saw moochie get smoked by some scrubs. But then again, that doesnt same much huh..

11. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

EG has skillllllz?

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

I went tonight. It was very fun. Moochie sucked. haha :) Everyone should go

13. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

It would be tight to go to bad im not the type of person that goes to such things.

14. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

MOOCHIE SUCKS damon staudomire can shoot lights out, posey has ups, ebi sucks, cuttino dint show
    i talked to damon jones abt coming to houston, he told me to start a petition to bring him here, so apparently, he wants to come here too :)

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If he wants to start a petition he either

1. hasn't been approached by the Rockets and wants to come here

2. or he is holding out for more jack hoping the tide of public opinion will yield him an extra mill or two.

16. Glish21

Glish21 Member

I played against ebi in hs, how he made it into the nba let alone the first round is mind blowing to me

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Same, I played against him and Perkins in AAU. While they were good, NBA ready they were not.

18. kountzer

kountzer Member

I used to go to fonde and watch Hakeem and Moses Malone go at it. This was back when Olajuwon was still at U of H. Malone used to drive up in a rolls royce, or was it a bentley. Whatever it was, it was impressive. I also once saw kenny smith walking through the gym giving away tee shirts and sneakers. The local gym rats had no respect for him - then. This was like a season or so befor the rockets won their 1st championship. What a difference a couple of rings will make.

~ Kountzer ~

19. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Meet up MJ their. 10-0 all me the beef the pickles the bun after that im ready for another one. Dont change perfection the Big Mac.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Can anybody translate?