1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AT&T UVerse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Jan 14, 2011.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yup, I left Comcast for UVerse. No regrets at all and would NEVER go back.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've always heard that satellite (Dish, Direct TV) HD quality is superior to cable (U-Verse, Comcast) quality.

We're moving into a new house in a few months and I was thinking about going with Direct TV because of that. How does U-Verse's HD signal compare? I don't really care that much about customer service (which is why I had Dish for 2 years), all I really care about is HD quality.

3. bdb

bdb Contributing Member

I went from DirecTv to Uverse. The DirecTv HD quality was MUCH better. My parents have Comcast. Their HD quality is somewhat better than Uverse.

4. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I want to make sure I get NBA TV what package should I get?

5. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

3 HD feeds currently, 4th being added in the near future...

Also, wireless set top boxes (let me finish) may be coming soon (connecting to ATT router via wifi) so you can set them up in areas that's too far from a phone drop. (obviously there's a wire, power, but you know what I mean)

NBATV was a nice addition, now I just want MLBTV. I got hooked when I was out in LA and saw it at Yoyo's place.

6. Granville

Granville Member

I have had U-Verse since 2008 and I'm happy with it.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I had Uverse at my old house and it was flawless. I've since moved into an older house and have had issues with the television aspect (internet has been great) but I have a feeling that has more to do with this house being built around 1980 and the original co-ax cables still being used.

Be careful on the cash back thing. AT&T mislead me regarding what I needed to do to get mine and by the time I called to ask where my money was they changed their story and then told me it was too late for me to follow the steps to get my cash.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I've had it since they've started and my cables have too been replaced like others' cables here. I have had if anything a couple of outages but it was my wiring, which they fixed.

I mostly enjoy the fact that I can program the DVR to record from my iPhone via their app. Nowadays, everyone can do that, but I like how U-Verse does it (that's what she said).

I've recommended it to people through their referral program and I haven't gotten squat. :( I apologize to those who have done my referral # to get it.

9. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

DirecTV HD quality is absolutely superb. We're about to switch to Dish. How is their HD?

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

We have had U-verse since 07, after we moved in the summer our new neighborhood did not offer U-verse yet so we had to get Comcast. 4 months later U-verse was here and we immediately canceled Comcast. Plus U-verse gave us $150 to cover cancellation fees which was only $60 = )

U-450 FTW. Love U-verse

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I have one big complaint about U-Verse though.

Why do we STILL not have FSC HD?

AT&T hates soccer fans. :(

12. BlastOff

BlastOff Member