1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At #8 (Rodney Carney Vs Ron Brewer)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by COMPAQ CENTER, Jun 4, 2006.

?

Who do want to Rockets to Picks at #8

1. Rodney Carney

33.3%
  2. Rodney Carney Vs Ron Brewer

46.7%
  3. Other Player (Please specify)

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Who do you think the Rockets should pick:

Rodney Carney or Ron Brewer or other (specify)

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

huh? I don't understand. There isn't just a Ronnie Brewer choice.

3. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Modes, can you please adjust the poll to say "Ron Brewer" instead of "Rodney Carney Vs Ron Brewer" in the second option.

4. Diaw

Diaw Member

assuming Roy will be gone, i'd choose Marcus Williams ! and if he's not available, Brewer over Carney ...

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

6. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Player MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

Brewer34.8 18.4 4.8 3.3 2.2 1.49 2.6 .5 1.4 .441 .750 .338 1.32

Carney27.2 17.2 4.3 1.3 1.5 .87 1.3 .7 2.3 .436 .712 .391 1.26

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we sign Mike James, then I think Brewer would be a great fit with him. I think if Roy is still sitting there when the Hawks draft, we should try to work a deal with them to get our man. If he is already gone, then I say trade down and draft Brewer later on.

A Brewer James backcourt would work because James is more of a playmaker/shooter and Brewer is more of a team facilitator with the handles to bring the ball up, shoot when needed, but pass very well and then the length to defend SG and leave James tangling with PGs.

To me, if Brewer's game develops, we would create a lot of mismatches on the offensive end because if they put a PG defending Brewer, Brewer should be able to take him because of his length. At the same time, if the put a SG defending Brewer, that leaves the smaller PG defending a decent sized super quick James. James essentially plays shooting guard on offense and point guard on defense and Brewer is essentially the point on offense and the shooting guard or even the small forward defender depending on who is the better matchup for McGrady.

Not only that, but if we could work a deal with NO and get the 12 and 15, we could essentially have Brewer plus another player. Perhaps Carney falls down that low. A lot of mocks have him slipping down to even 15.

#7 jopatmc, Jun 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Brewer is more NBA ready and versatile than Carney. He is a legit 6'6 with a 6'9 wingspan, and fulfills a number of needs for the Rockets. Athletic, can handle the ball and penetrate (allowing him to play the 1,2 or even 3), unorthodox shot that goes in, already a good defender... biggest question is what he can do off the ball. Carney has way too many question marks.

9. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Thanks everyone for participation but I would like the modes to close this thread because of the error in the entry option and would like them to use a new thread instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.