1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros vs. Reds...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rrj_gamz, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I know this is a baseball thread, but...

I find his comments humorous. One, there are a lot of UT fans who claim Dunn as one of their own even though Dunn never played a down. Two, this was Dunn's second swipe at UT. Reading posters on Hornfans trying to come up with explanations for this outburst...priceless. HEY GUYS, Dunn doesn't give a ****! :D

imo Dunn comes off as a bitter guy. I could understand if he was flipping burgers because he never got to see the field because of Simms, but he's a good pro baseball player now. Arguably his pro career will be better than Simms although in a different sport.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sucks. Four freaking double plays and several instances with runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs wasted. We should be killing Dempster right now.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Could we get some offense going? Oswalt is on one of my fantasy teams, so I'd like to see him get credit for the win. Go stros!

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Here comes the Stros. They're about to work their 9th inning magic.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Well Oswalt won't be getting a win tonight :mad: I have him on one of my fantasy teams as well.

6. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

2-1 Reds

Man, it must really reek to get overconfident and lose, huh?

7. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah...it, uhhh, smells really bad to get overconfident and lose.

This one can be blamed on the hitters. Dotel gave up the homer...but he's not going to be perfect every year. We should have had WAY more than 1 run by that point.

8. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

Yeah, it was a good game though, both Oswalt and Demp pitched gems

9. Timing

Timing Member

Don't count our wins until they hatch?

10. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

Those doubleplays were killers for us tonight. Hopefully we can come back and get the next 2. I'm thinking about going out to see Wade throw tomorrow. Lance needs to get his bat going soon because he is struggling mightily right now. If he gets a hit in the first when he came up bases loaded no outs, it would have been enough to win the game.

By the way, does anyone know why Berkman wasn't credited with an RBI when he drove Biggio in on that double play? If you hit into a double play do you not get the RBI?

11. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Right. Runs scored on double plays are not recorded as RBIs...just runs scored.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Smooth like butter, hard like cement.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This loss killed me...I have a friend of mine who is a diehard REDS fan and of course, he couldn't wait to rub it in this morning...ugh...:mad:

WTF, lets not waste a beautiful O performance...Let's hope the bats awaken tonight...

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Miller almost wasted his own start tonight. Glad they pulled it out.

15. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

The annoying thing about that error was that he had a play at home and probably one at 1st. If he had thrown to 2nd, it might have been close. The base he chose to throw to was the only one that didn't stand a chance of getting an out. :(

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yeah, I know. That totally caught me off guard; I thought for sure he was going to go home with it. Oh well, no harm done.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Because the Rockets suck now and the fact that the playoffs are out of reach, I was close to jumping out of a window that was located on the 1st floor of a building. Thankfully, its baseball season and the Astros are bringing some joy to my life.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I second that rezdawg...I'm glad they are off to a good start too.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I heard he said he wanted to crawl in a hole under the mound...

But was Morgan to blame as well...Not to blame anyone, but I'm just glad they won...I thought with BW walking the 1st two batters we were history, but you got to love my Stros'...

Last game, Astros should win, but the Reds have surprised me...

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

How can you blame Ensberg? He and Miller should have been charging the ball. If Miller can't beat Ensberg to it, it's Ensberg's to take care of. He should have been charging all the way. Miller made a quick decision, and unfortunately picked the last base that he should've thrown to.