1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Trade for Roberto Osuna

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Jul 30, 2018.

1. CinematicFusion

So... do you believe MLB was correct is suspending him and now given their blessing for him to play baseball? He has served the time MLB believes fits the actions. Now, MLB has said he can play baseball.
    Do you agree with the MLB?

Houstunna and Rockets FTW like this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Found some problems with your argument, Bud.

No where in those facts does it say he BEAT his GF (pray to whoever he didn't or he's gone).

EDIT: I want to add that we may never know the true details. All we may get is a Guilty, Not Guilty or Peace Bond. That's it. Which is enough for righteous persecuting writers of baseball to have a go at Astros. The longer this lingers, worse it may get though.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

W. T. F?

4. Hey Now!

I (generally) have no issue with a player serving his time and returning to the game, assuming said player has also been cleared legally. Roberto Osuan has not been cleared legally.

Nimo likes this.
  5. Hey Now!

Did you, Bud?

First, yes, by all means let's pray he didn't hit her........ because then he'd be gone. That seems like the exact right thing to pray for......

I can't list the facts that we know any clearer. If those, stacked on top of one another, leads you to question whether he hit his girlfriend............ I don't know what to tell you.

6. CinematicFusion

Assuming he is cleared legally, then you have no problem with Osuna playing again just like Chapman was cleared and is now loved in Chicago and New York.
    I'll accept that.
    Hopefully Astros did their due diligence and believe Osuna deserves a second chance. We shall see.

7. Hey Now!

I have no issue, no - but I'd rather he play somewhere else.

The Astros cravenly exploiting a domestic violence assault to better their team is something I'm going to have much deeper issues with...

8. Screaming Fist

Did Chapman's victim get a protective order? That sounds like the "good" outcome for Osuna.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If this is true, it's inexcusable. But my point, which your making very clear, is that you've used all the info at hand (which isn't everything in totality) to make your judgment.

You willing to come out and say you were wrong if he's not guilty? Cause I'm sure baseball writers won't. Wait it out, you, me, everyone on this forum is against DV. But as a fan, I just want to know everything before I can cast a judgment on a guy (like actual evidence or a decision from courts).

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They should have given up more so you'd feel better?

At that point, there wasn't another legitimate closer on the market, so they had to settle for a person charged with domestic violence or stick with the kind of guys we already had.

Nook and Rockets FTW like this.
  11. CinematicFusion

That's fair, Astros know there will be fans with your feelings. Chigaco Cubs knew and I'm sure the New York Yankees knew with Chapman and his allegations.
    Chapman has moved on and has found success and fan support. Astros are hoping for the same outcome.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I can seriously see this thread exceeding 100 pages. After his next court date it will get bumped. His first appearance on the mound gets one too. His first blown save. His first hit.

Man, do we have a lot to look forward to :eek:

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Have we ever had a case where a player was traded while suspended and ongoing investigation?

14. Hey Now!

You (and others) keep bringing up Chapman; I'd like to remind you that Chapman had served his suspension and was playing when the Cubs dealt for him. In fact, he had appeared in more games (31) than his suspension.

Nimo likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One thing is for sure.......this guy has a world of pressure on his shoulders. This is basically his last/only chance at salvaging his life, he's only 23, he's been traded to the reigning champs, and he'll have a very small window in which to impress and win over not only his teammates, but an entire city.

16. Hey Now!

Seriously?...

Three legitimate closers were dealt; several more were reportedly available. Don't hide behind WHAT COULD THEY DO??? Morally, it's a flaccid defense because the answer is rather simple. From a baseball perspective, it has no grounds - closers were dealt; they found a craven way to get a good one on the cheap.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I can seriously see this thread exceeding 100 pages. After his next court date it will get bumped. His first appearance on the mound gets one too. His first blown save. His first hit.

Man, do we have a lot to look forward to :eek:

[​IMG]

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If it's deep enough, disown the Astros.
    Same sentiment with Ty Lawson ?

He had cases pending while playing for the Rockets. Should I research your history in those threads ?

Manziel ?

Simple question which ties into this conversation

Your tantrum about having Osuna is making you post irrationally.

#758 Houstunna, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  19. Hey Now!

If a court of law finds him innocent, as in his case actually goes to trial, evidence is presented, she testifies, etc., and the ruling is innocent - sure. But that's probably not going to happen (the trial). He'll try and resolve via a peace bond; failing that, I'm sure he'll break out his checkbook and make it go away.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So, what youre saying is, hes the melo of the Astros world?