1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

I'll acquiesce, since you are obvoiously the expert on that subject

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Typical cuck

3. raining threes

You're so FOS

I'm glad Osuna's on the team and hope he gets a ring.

You dont

Houstunna likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's a troll. Don't bother.

Houstunna and raining threes like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Seems a true “Forgive and Forget” attitude would equal MLB having zero or minimal penalties for offenders... but that’s not true. There ARE indeed major penalties, thus making the article title misleading, false, and stupid. The reporter was trying ignite something that doesn’t exist simply because another reporter (Footer) got her feelings hurt which was a reaction from her actions. Then, Footer deletes her tweets (actions) in an attempt to make herself seem an innocent victim.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Amazing!! Now can we use this situation to pressure MLB to enact a zero tolerance policy that would ban domestic abusers for life?

Did they also call you personally or just a two sentence “apology”? I received a longer apology from someone who accidentally took the wrong drink at Starbucks.

So who is being fired for this? An apology a week later isn’t good enough for what they did.

The Astros need to cut the domestic abuser from their roster and issue a pledge NEVER to sign one/trade for one ever again. Then we can "move forward and onward".

Nice!! When are they gonna release Osuna?

Know what they could really do to learn from the experience? Cut Osuna.

This should have been in person in a press conference.

All you got was three sentences? Jeez.

Cut Osuna or its meaningless.

Too little, too late. GM should be fired at minimum for the team’s disgusting initial reaction.

I mean it could have been a phone call or something more personal...

Actions speak louder than words. Especially the words typed on that piece of paper. How about an apology that people can hear from him directly so we have a better idea of any sincerity behind that written statement?

Great. Now Fire the persons who wrote the original statement and those who approved it. If the owner was involved at all he should be forced to sell the team.

#846 J.R., Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    jordnnnn likes this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Crane can send her a replica ring after we win another WS.

Houstunna and Handles like this.
  8. msn

msn Member

...and the note can read, "Aren't you glad you f------ got this ring?!? j/k ;-) "

CometsWin likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Freakng vultures man. You can never please an ignorant mob.

Handles, jklb, jcf and 3 others like this.
  10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Twitter is full of non-sense, including Stephanie Apstein and her minions/followers. I’m so ****ing glad we have Osuna. That was a big save in Game 3.

whag00 and J.R. like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I hope the Astros win a ring. I hope afterwards someone someone puts Osuna in the hospital like he did to his gf. Can't believe people here supports a violent criminal. Maybe you beat your gf too so thinks it's ok, or more likely you never had one.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't cut Osuna, that is stupid, everyone gets a 2nd chance......

DD

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-An-official-retraction-and-more-14566632.php

Senior vice president of marketing and communications Anita Sehgal refused to “name names” in a six-minute interview with three reporters prior to Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday.

“This statement really is owned by the entire organization,” Sehgal said. “This team needs to wear this statement. We screwed up. And we’re going to own it as a team. We’re going to share responsibility for it and we’re not going to point fingers at any one person. We’re going to own it as a team. And that’s the right decision.”

The Athletic reported this week that Sehgal, an Astros employee since 2015, had oversight of the statement. Asked if that report was true, Sehgal said “I oversee all of (public relations) and communications. Lots of people were involved.”

“Listen, this statement was wrong and it was wrong on a number of fronts,” Sehgal said. “It’s disappointing. It’s embarrassing for the organization and we are very, very sorry that it happens. But the team owns it. The entire organization owns the decision that that statement went out. We’ve apologized. We’ve recognized it. And we feel really, really bad.”

Sehgal said Sunday she has been in contact with league officials, but they indicated they will revisit conversations after the World Series. Manfred said Friday that the investigation will stretch past the World Series.

Sehgal apologized profusely to media, fans, and “a lot of really great people at the Houston Astros.”

“When we do things really well, we do them really well,” Sehgal said. “When we’re successful, we do things really well. Clearly when we make mistakes, we do that really well, as well.

“I feel like we’ve learned a lot from this. I feel the next time a statement has to be written, I feel like this situation is going to be top of mind for everyone before we craft a statement. I feel very confident we’re not going to make this mistake again.”

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Really the only name that needed to be named was Alyson Footer's. Keep your head up Anita.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His gf didn't testify. We don't know how the fight happened. She very well could have been violent and he pushed her. He still claims he is innocent. It's something that you can't be 100% confident in what happened.
    I would be more confident in calling him a woman abuser I'd he has a history of violence than one case where the girlfriend refused to testify and charges were dropped.

Scarface281, Houstunna and jcf like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He was arrested. The police had enough evidence to take him to trail but his gf refused to come back so he was able to cut a deal with the prosecutors for a peace bond. If he was innocent why didn't he go to trial? If he was innocent why didn't he appeal his 75 game suspension? If he was innocent, why did MLB suspend him 75 games?

The evidence was that he beat his gf. You and other fans can try to find a way to twist it into him being a victim, but this is how domestic violence works - the man is the "real victim" lol

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I didn't say he's a "real victim". I don't know what happened.

I'm staying that I've seen women hit and close fist punch men and the man retaliates and is the one arrested. She didn't want to testify. That could mean multiple things. She is afraid of him or she's afraid of not wanting to perger herself under oath.

It's undetermined. That's my point.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here is a good account of what is known

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericma...-osuna-why-the-criminal-charges-were-dropped/

Kim likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It's only underdetermined to some Astros fans

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Osuna isn't even that good. For the amount people defending him you would think osuna was Mariano.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.