1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. raining threes

BFD

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The insertion of “including one wearing a purple domestic-violence awareness bracelet” into said article was to create an easy villain out of Taubman and to try and make things black and white. And it isn’t that simple. That’s the only way this is a story.

The heart of the matter is that the Astros acquired Osuna on a discount because of his problems. They were loose with their standards because ultimately people forgive when you win. It’s fine to have a problem with that and Footer apparently had a big one. I’m fine with that too. Taubman didn’t like Footer’s approach to criticism and lashed out. Poor choice on his end but saying I love Osuna is not equivocal to saying I love wife beaters. And if she is allowed to rub that in his face over the last year, he’s allowed to do ultimately the same thing in saying how much likes him as a player. It does not mean he supports the crimes that he committed.

He may be a scumbag but I don’t know that from the information we have on hand.

Bearded13, Houstunna, King1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I wish I could put individual threads on ignore

BigM likes this.
  4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

And that was maybe tacky but also hilarious.
    I mean, is anyone making you click on the thread?

5. Buck Turgidson

No, I'm over this whole thing and have posted my last post. But I have to see it at the top of the page. Just below the ****ing WORLD SERIES thread.

And that annoys me. I'm a petty man.

Wulaw Horn and Snake Diggit like this.
  6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You can get rid of it by putting the poster who started it on ignore (sorry OP).

7. likestohypeguy

Yeah but that poster might post so!ething else that might be of interest. It's a chance neither myself nor B.T.'s willing to take. We'll deal with this annoying B.S. for as long as necessary.

Houstunna likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If you put the OP on ignore it will accomplish that, although Pringles09 would be collateral damage.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

That's the rub. It's an option I've only used once for another thread that I was personally sick of seeing. Doesn't mean you have to leave the OP on ignore forever.

10. likestohypeguy

The only time ive been super tempted, is "bathroom" threads, I get increasingly grossed out /annoyed at seeing the title ATT of the forum rundown. Never enter the thread, have to keep seeing the title. I know where BT is coming from, yeah temporarly ignore could be good Good idea.. I've never ignored anyone from any forum ever.

IDK why. I cant even look at spiders under whatever I smash them with. JUst trash the notebook or w/e.

11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Fair enough. I get that.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was totally inappropriate. Osuna is a controversial figure - while many here don't think it's a big deal to beat up your wife, some of us actually don't agree with Christian's version of Shariah law.

It's fair game for a reporter to ask questions around domestic violence to Osuna. But for a manager to brag about overlooking domestic violence and rubbing it in a female reporters face with expletives? 100% inappropriate and the Astros should have fired him on the spot. But the Astros actually tried to accuse a reporter of lying BEFORE knowing the facts and turns out the Astros were the ones lying.

This is a big hit on the Astros and it's disgusting. I never liked Osuna. I loved after the fact that it was Osuna blew the save. He's a disgusting human being and I hope we find another closer who is better and isn't despicable.

No real man would support that guy, only the Trump cucks love him.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The Astros front office is guilty of trivializing domestic violence as an issue and having a boys club mentality.

It's unfortunate because the Astros are far bigger than the current front office.

14. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Let me see if I got this right. From your comment, I can assertain that you are a bigot, a butt hurt little b*tch, and a Yankees fan. Thankfully, I have found the ignore button.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

FIFY

16. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Christianity DOES NOT condone violence against your spouse.

Yes - what Osuna did or was accused of doing is disgusting and has no place in society. If Osuna was kicked out of baseball, so be it. He would still need a contributor to society. A core truth of Christianity is to restore or repurpose disgusting figures like Osuna.

Houstunna and raining threes like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I never stated Christianity condones violence against spouses. You are just revealing that you think Islam does and that's why you interpret my analogy that way. But that's off topic anyway. I am not attacking Christianity merely pointing out that the belief that men can get away with domestic violence is very much a part of the west's own patricharical culture which is also endemic within its flagship religion.

18. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Awww, did I hurt the little b*tch boy's feelings? So sad

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

previously by astrosfan59:

Seems like that little bump between your legs wasn't the ignore button.

20. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Please explain "while many here don't think it's a big deal to beat up your wife, some of us actually don't agree with Christian's version of Shariah law.".

And no, I did not state Islam condones spousal violence. It was stated to your comment that some on this board are agreeable to it.