1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros minor league preview

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Buck Turgidson, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Timing

Timing Member

Buck I require an update of your stance on Miguel Tejada. ;)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Timing,

How long have you been waiting to bring this up?

:)

DD

3. Buck Turgidson

I noticed you mentioned him in another thread, but I just let it go hoping that nobody would mention it again. :) At least when I miss I don't screw around...I miss big.

He's having an unbelievable year. He's improved in every aspect of his game, especially those I was faulting him for: plate discipline and defense. ARod is miles & miles ahead of any other big league SS, but Tejada's no worse than the 3rd best SS in baseball this year, probably 2nd best. It'll be interesting to see if Tejada can produce like this & keep improving with the glove in seasons to come.

4. Timing

Timing Member

Actually I was really stunned when he made the initial comment but I'm not an A's or anything. I just noticed Tejada was continuing to have an awesome season and the last few days he's gotten some press for his late inning stuff. I'm shocked that the A's have played so well without Giambi. I agree it will be interesting to see if this is a career year or indicative of Tejada's emergence as a real star in MLB.

I said I'd rather have Everett over Lugo so don't feel too bad. Lugo shocked the hell out of me with his defense this year.

5. Buck Turgidson

He still sucks though. :D