1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Memorabilia/Autographs/baseball cards

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Landry's Tooth

That's fair but I find the kids paying people to walk around and film them making deals to be obnoxious...

Tristar does draw better signors though...

They usually get former cowboys and rangers in Allen... someone like Canseco isn't going there.

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did you do? I just sold my Elly De La Cruz on eBay.

3. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Stupid fanatics. UPS delayed until Saturday.

I'll let you know

4. Buck Turgidson

Auction prices are quite high right now.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Picked up a few random blaster boxes of Prizm football at Walmart...had some nice luck with a Stroud Base and a Silver Variation Stroud....as a Texan fan definitely made my day.

dholi_1 likes this.
  6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

They are. I sold mine for $690. I have a few more autos that I plan to list before the season starts.

7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Pre ordered a game used Hader jersey for this season. Paid $2500 (which is steep) but it will be his first Astro jersey so I couldn't pass. Hopefully it's a save as that would be cool

CheezeyBoy22 and IdStrosfan like this.
  8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Now feels like a pretty good time to use that equity to get more Astros/Texans/Rockets stuff.

CheezeyBoy22 and GOATuve like this.
  9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Texans stuff is pretty expensive right now. I got lucky because I was always going to buy a Tank Dell jersey since he went to UH. I got it early at only $750. Consequently my CJ Stroud game used jersey cost me 10k but he also signed and inscribed it. Got my Nico for free because I'm friends with the group he hangs out with from Alabama. I would never sell them but I've been offered 15 k and 5k for my CJ and Tank. I'm trying to pick up a Stingley but don't want to pay 5 k for it. I won my Andre Johnson with the breast cancer captain patch game used jersey for only $3500 from NFL auctions. Crazy how much the prices have elevated.

10. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Out of curiosity does anyone collect outside of Houston sports? This is a really cool thread and it's always interesting to interact with other collectors

11. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Astros are My main go after for online breaks, but I have been pretty lucky in "Random" teams breaks, where teams are randomized, and you get the team that gets randomized to you. It works out well with Bowman cards since the last really valuable hit for the Astros was Alvarez.

GOATuve likes this.
  12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

The breaks always seemed interesting and cool. I just was never into cards. I might do a few with my son just to gauge his interest. Ken Caminiti handed me a game used bat after BP and that was my collecting focus from then on.

I'd say outside of Houston items my favorite game used items are a Kobe Bryant Meigray game used signed photo matched jersey (thought I overpaid at the time and with his untimely passing obviously not), Lebron James game used photo matched signed rookie jersey (I'll probably sell this eventually as I don't like him) and Charles Woodson's jersey from the game he set the NFL TD record for defense. He actually wants it and has offered me a bunch of cool stuff. I'm holding out for his Heisman Michigan jersey (no such luck so far)

13. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I really like Bobby Witt Jr. I've collected a few cards of his.

I like Corbin Carroll a lot, but his price is very high.

GOATuve likes this.
  14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I have a friend who collects Witt Jr.. He's got some of his minor league jerseys and bats which are relatively inexpensive compared to his MLB stuff. Good choice.

On Carroll that doesn't surprise me. His prices will probably drop and hopefully you'll be able to pick up some cool stuff

15. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Also as a heads up. They are only asking for $500 for Espada game used jerseys. Pretty solid deal

16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Fortunately I collect baseball only and the things I like are usually the basic run less expensive stuff.

I have a few dozen Bagwell, Biggio, and Berkman insert cards and autos from back in the day but mostly a $1-$5 card is all I am looking for.

I do have about 25 different 45s/Astros hats though. I rotate 3-4 at a time then retire 1 and hang it on my wall whenever I get a new one.

GOATuve likes this.
  17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know a way to post pics to this site without an Url. Sent them from phone to e mail, downloaded to pics file on computer.
    When I try to copy no go. I got some unique ones to show.

18. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Try postimage

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The only other real player outside of Houston sports I PC is Ken Griffey Jr. Because that was my childhood and main time I started collection back in the late 80's.

20. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

It was a total dud. Waste of $100.

Strawberry was my auto. No relic cards.

No Astro inserts, just Alex, JV, Framber, the team card, and Tucker RBI leader from basic run.

Best card in the box was chrome refractor Encarnacion-Strand who could become somebody I guess.

The other three in the silver pack were Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, and Wade Boggs.

Really makes me wish I had just bought the box at the local shop for $10 more.

Oh well it's always a crap shoot