1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros interested in Quintana

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Shark44, Dec 8, 2016.

1. vince

vince Member

You could be an official part of the editors staff. But seriously, If you meant it as constructive criticism i say thanks, but if you are a proofreading troll, put me on the ignore because i'm just a fan and like talking about my favorite teams, i dont have a masters on the league knowledgebase so, i will have typos.

I would never in a million posts start picking on typos, or an error of someone's name. Afterall, its to be expected, this isn't the Houston Chronicle.

eric.81 likes this.
  2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm so sorry it came off that way @vince. I was not at all trying to be a grammar troll.

I like to think we're all friends here, even if we don't really know each other. If I was having this same conversation over a beer with buddies, and my buddy kept repeatedly saying someone's name wrong, I'd give them a friendly correction, too... mostly so that he or she doesn't leave our conversation and continue pronouncing the name wrong to other people. I would hope that my friend would help me out in the same way, should the situation be reversed.

Seriously, I was not AT ALL trying to do anything other than be constructive, but I apologize that it came across differently. Peace to you and go Astros.

msn, awc713 and vince like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Oh, errors are always expected in the Chron.

msn likes this.
  4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He seems to be confusing the Chronicle with a newspaper with actual editorial standards.

msn likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Or actual standards at all.....

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

is he an astro yet????

7. Fyreball

In all honesty, I feel like this is going to end much like the Ibaka thread will end in the GARM. The player in question will probably end up getting traded....just not to a Houston team.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It usually is better to pick the field than a specific team in trade rumors.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

Difference is the Ibaka trade idea is purely a random posters idea... at least they're have been tweets and connections with Houston and Quintana.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

Still waiting for this trade to happen.......... :(

houstonstime and MadMax like this.
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So you bump it just to give some more of us your anxiety? haha, im right there with you man.

JoeyTexas254 likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

So 31 pages and this dude ain't even coming smh

jim1961 likes this.
  13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/02/26/levine-white-sox-jose-quintana-still-in-high-demand/

It may not be headline news given that no trade has taken place yet, but the demand for White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana appears to be as robust as ever a couple weeks into spring training.

The Astros, Cardinals, Pirates and Yankees are teams believed to be dug into the sweepstakes for the 28-year-old Quintana, who’s on the trade block as the White Sox have embarked on a rebuild. The White Sox’s focus in a potential Quintana trade is the quality of prospects they get in return, not the quantity, sources said.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The White Sox are playing their hand well. Seems ever more likely he wont end up here.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Astros don't even need to make a move rn. Wait until the deadline, rotation is more than good enough to survive the regular season.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Could see teams waiting until after he's done in the WBC before making final preseason offers. But yeah I'd be very surprised if he was traded prior to July.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We can hope for that, buts its far from a certainty IMO.

18. Fyreball

LOL at the White Sox trying to create a market for Quintana in the middle of Spring Training, while he's in the WBC. I'd be VERY surprised if anybody made a deal for him before the deadline now. I'll give Chicago credit for holding to their guns, and not taking an offer lower than what they're expecting. They have no reason to settle for anything less than what they want, but I don't think creating a bidding war right now makes any sense given the timing.

Joshfast likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

This.

The White Sox don't really have the type of confidence that they should have.

Their prior dealings for Eaton and Sale are not really that impressive to me either. They received a bunch of long term, well know prospects that have seen their production dip or that have developed serious question marks about their make up or long term success in the big leagues. They really were very superficial in their scouting.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Your post seems contradictory. You say they should have more confidence, but you then say they're not receiving what they may have thought they had in these trades (which could undermine said confidence).

Also, prospects having varying production (and creating question marks) is exactly what prospects do... which is why I usually don't have a problem when my team deals prospects (even if you lose some that become gems), and at the same time why I wasn't necessarily thrilled (like many here were) over the Pence and Bourne hauls (which, in the end, haven't really impacted the shape of the club right now... at the time, thought to be foundational-type trades).