1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astro's fans, are you driving people crazy?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Another Brother, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Around my house everyone (except my son) has found something else to do while the game is on, they pray for an Astro's victory only to avoid the funk I will be in if they lose.

Am I the only one driving people crazy with this series?

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

No i am one cranky guy during the game. Don't come around me and don't try to be funny and joke around with me when it comes down to the game.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

No I am sure my fiance was secretly rooting for the Braves last game 5 just for the season to end ...

I get in a mood where I don't want to talk for about 4 hours after a game and I am still pissed when I go to sleep.

I can't even turn on AM radio the next day.

I know its bad to let sports affect me so much, but I can't help it

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I had to quickly get out of my aunts hosue before I let out a mighty scream when I got into my car. Turned off the radio, drove home, came straight to my room, haven't been out since.

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I'm driving people crazy as well I'm sure. Especially since I'm out of state and the other people are yankees fans etc.. who don't know why I'd be excited over one series win

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I am driving my roomates crazy. They say I am so into the game, like they haver never seen before.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Whenever the 'Stros or any Houston teams lose, I'm just down for that day, won't listen to any recaps, read any papers the next day...but of course if they win, I'll milk it for as long as I can.

8. Miguel

You must have been terribly bummed out last Sunday. I sure as hell was. That was the worst 30 minute span in my sports fan "career."

*sigh*

GO GET EM ROGER!

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My family is locked in...my wife is watching every pitch...my son is watching every pitch before his bedtime...my father is calling non-stop during the games...friends calling....it's like AstrosCentral at my place. Which is good...but makes the losses seem much worse.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My wife and Daughter want to know when they can have the big TV back.

My son will sit on my lap and watch an inning or 2 before he goes back to the hot wheels.

They all wonder why I keep yelling at the TV when I never yell otherwise.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ditto..... I don't even take my Houston Chronicle out of the bag a day after a Houston team loses. I don't wanna hear about how they lost. That's 2 days in a row that I haven't read the Chron. I hope the Stros win on saturday so I can enjoy reading the paper again.

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

The only consolation was that I didn't watch the Texans game since I was at Baylor and they showed the Cowboys.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Apparently not.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=320&e=2&u=/kcra/20041015/lo_kprc/2413896

Cards Fans React To Astros Display In Hotel Window

Call it a sign of trouble in Cardinal country.

Wayne Baughan and girlfriend Monica Ritter might be the biggest Astros fans in St. Louis after their ingenious show of support caused quite a commotion Thursday.

"It just clicked how great our view is (of Busch Stadium)," Rick Baughan told Local 2.

The couple bought $100 worth of Christmas lights and spelled out Astros on their hotel room window.

"Last night when we left and we looked up, tears came to our eyes. We are such big Astros fans, and with Cardinals stuff all over the place, we were really proud," Baughan said.

However, when they left the stadium and looked up at their room, the lights were out -- hotel security pulled the plug.

"(A hotel representative) said she got numerous calls from Busch Stadium, and (stadium officials) say this poses a fire hazard because Busch Stadium is worried that another entity is going to burn down," Baughan said. "I'm not sure how legit that at all was."

Ritter said she was heartbroken.

"We spent three hours really getting the sign to look as best possible," Ritter told Local 2.

Some Cardinals fans were upset by the display; others just thought it was funny.

"I looked up and saw Christmas lights saying, 'Go Astros,' and I cringed," Rentschler said.

Fan Paul Fortwendel said he has been watching Cardinals games since he was 9 years old and has never seen a show of support for a visiting team like Baughans.

"Somebody's sick," Fortwendel said as he laughed. "I guess they've got to have their fans, too. I think the Cardinals ought to counteract it somewhere."

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

My seven year old daughter asked me right after we ate supper Wednesday, it was 6:15, if she could take a bath right then so she wouldn't miss any of the game.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

16. Miguel

Awwww...

closest I can get to that is to get my little 8 year old cousin to watch the game with me. He gets pissed off every time he sees the score at the top and Houston losing. Almost brings a tear to my eye. :(

LET'S GO STROS! DO IT FOR THE 7-8 YEAR OLDS....as well as the 7-8 year olds inside of each of us. :p

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'm not driving anyone crazy with my Astros fandom. My friends are just as crazy as me when it comes to the Stros in the playoffs.

18. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

We went to the last game of the season against the Rockies, my kids, ages 10, 7, 7 and 6 sat through the whole game and never got up until it was time to leave, they said it was the best day of their life. On some game days this week and last, they had to wear the Clemens shirts to school.

19. Miguel

Wow...a whole little army of Astros fans. Congrats. :p

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Well... one solid spike of my Astros hat straight down to the ground, followed by sailing it across the living room into the dining room... about 20 mins. to an hour (depending on the severity of the loss -like game 2 in the NLCS - 1 hr.) and...

I believe again. :D