1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astro's Blog (climbingtalshill.com)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by boozle222, Mar 17, 2011.

1. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I know I don't frequently post on this site, but clutchfans is where I go for Rocket's talk and news. The Astros are one of my favorite teams to follow, and, as a result, I helped start a website to give more Houston fans what they want to know about the Astros. I write about 4 times a week for the site, but there are also three other writers, one of which focuses on minor league action, for the site.

We are trying to get articles out there that are good, informative reads that keep people coming back to the site for their Astro news and analysis. If any of y'all are looking for an Astro's site, take a look at climbingtalshill.com and leave feed back here or on the site with what you like, don't like, want to see more of, what you think is useless babble.

Thanks!

2. boozle222

Anyone get the chance to review the site?

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

All I saw was a big a ss ad, then I clicked out.

4. boozle222

You're right to an extent. There is a banner add. Not much else though for adds.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read through it, boozle. I really enjoyed the article about the 5th rotation starter competition and the breakdown of how each starter had done to that point. I hadn't been following spring training all that closely this year, so that was good information and well written. Your site has won me over. I'll be a regular reader now.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Good layout and articles but cut down on the ad placements. If you do them a bit more tasteful it will be easier on people. You can always create revenue on a site once it's built up and having a few strategically placed ads will do 10 times better than 50 ads all over the place causing people to wonder how legitimate the site really is. If you have any questions I work in online marketing so could lend a bit of advice if needed.

7. boozle222

Thanks for that. Let me know if there is anything you want to see more or less of in the future.

8. boozle222

I agree fully with that. The host site, fansided.com, developed the site for me, and I just write for it, but I will consult them on how to do that. I wish it were up to me because the profit is not why I write. I will see what I can do, and thanks for the suggestion.

9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Maybe it's the adblock+ but I didn't see any ads...and only I only saw one blank space where I guess an ad should be.

Boozle, did they change it up? Looks fine to me, maybe I'm missing something. Didn't get a chance to read up yet, but I'll take a look. Thanks for sharing.

10. boozle222

Maybe it was the ad-block, or maybe they have changed it. Either way, if you aren't seeing ads, that's awesome! Just let me know what you think when you get the chance to read it.

11. vida311

vida311 Member

I give this site two thumbs up. These guys have some impressive articles about the spring training competition. Since I don't live in Houston, and rarely catch a game on TV, I definitely appreciate the knowledge and analysis on certain players' progression.

12. boozle222

Thanks vida. I speak for the staff when I say that your comments have motivated a lot of our writing. Glad to hear that it is your site for Astro knowledge.

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

No ads here. Like the site man. Good luck with it.

14. boozle222

Glad to hear the ads are lacking. Hopefully the other guys had a bad run in when they were figuring new stuff out for the site. Either way, my apologies if you had ads, but, from a content stand point, we hope the site serves Astro fans well!

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What happens when Tal gets fired?

16. boozle222

Haha we may be SOL in that case. Climbing"yournamehere"shill.com may be a contest.