1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros blocked CSNHouston deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 15, 2013.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Brown would have no reason at all to dispute the report, the report itself makes his organization look at least a little better. Either way, it is the Rockets fault that I can't watch the Rockets, they are the ones who agreed to a deal without making sure the major outlets would have access to the games. If I can't watch astros games this season, i'll be upset with the Astros about that, not anyone else.

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

first ballot hall of famers???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. msn

msn Member

um, Dickie Thon says "hello".

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yes, I'm just saying I would be willing to pay a little bit more, and accepting I have no choice on the $3.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

which one of those has an Astros cap on the HOF bust again? Says a lot when a player who played the majority of his career with your club chooses another he only played 4 seasons with. Historic pride right there.

[​IMG]

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/r****doTronFiveThousand/fwagrg.jpg

#85 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you say that? Please post your best of San Diego lineup. You keep arguing for San Diego having better tradition without posting anything other than conjecture 'probably had better players', their best would beat the Astros' best.

The facts are - Houston has a much better winning percentage, neither team has won a World Series and since the Padres inception, Houston has a 9-5 playoff advantage.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How about that 1998 Padres team that trounced the best Astros Roster they ever had?

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ah yes... when Kevin Brown happened.

Let me know when they are retiring his # as a Padre... Astros probably would do so if he had that kind of performance for them (only half-joking).

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

and Craig Reynolds

10. msn

msn Member

ya Reynolds was long-tenured, very consistent, and average. Thon was *great*, but a flash in the pan. FU, Mike Torrez.

11. bobrek

Craig Reynolds? The one with the lifetime .291 OBP and .636 OPS? Craig Reynolds was a popular and likeable local player, but was not very good offensively and average defensively.

1 person likes this.
  12. msn

msn Member

ya, but he kicked the Braves' asses relentlessly, and we love him for that. :grin:

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Even his batting stance was boring.

[​IMG]

14. bobrek

His baseball card should show him in a bunting stance.

By the way, Craig Reynolds grew up about 5 houses down from us and had the nickname 'Bimbo' - not sure why. He was closer to my brother's age than mine.

15. msn

msn Member

that pic on that card isn't his actual stance. he held his bat high over his head. not as high (or as cool) as Cheo, but high nonetheless. and, iirc, he circled the bat over his head a little bit.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Reynolds also PITCHED in a 16 inning game I attended at the Dome in the 80's. That was fun, I think.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No he didn't. He just stood there. I distinctly remember his stance for everything that it wasn't.

18. bobrek

Actually, the two games he pitched in in his career were in blowout losses. You may be remembering when he played left field in the second of two incredible games between the Astros and Dodgers.

19. msn

msn Member

You're right; he was dead still. I remember that now. However, he didn't hold his bat as low as is shown in that pic.

20. Blue Cap

Blue Cap New Member

For the record, and for getting back on topic; CSN was created back in 2009 and was the brainchild of Uncle D. They're launching this year only because they had to wait out the last five years of their 15-year Fox contract. This is just one more mess of Uncle D's that someone else has to clean up.