1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assuming we don't get the 6th seed...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which opponent would you prefer to face in the 1st round?

1. Warriors

43 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Spurs

50 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. omgTHEpotential

Who would you rather have as 1st round opponent - GSW or Spurs?

For me personally, it's starting to look like maybe GSW would be a better choice. They seem to be in some sort of unprecedented slump (as far as this season goes), perhaps due to being tired chasing that record, and I think with our talent level, if we can perform well and show effort, we have puncher's chance against them.

What say you?

2. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

It's odd but I still think we match up better with the Warriors. Do I honestly think we could beat them in a 7 game series? Although I pretty much always subscribe to the "anything can happen" cliche, I do not think this Rockets team has the gusto to achieve such a feat. Either way I will bee rooting for our Rockets to win no matter who we face.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I say take on the Warriors and shock the world

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Warriors, gotta go big

we might pull and warrior/mavericks on them

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Warriors

Harden is the real MVP and will show that to Stephen Curry come playoff time

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Voted Warriors.

Payback can be a bia!

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Spurs. Danny Green comes apart in the playoffs.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Warriors

Only because I want to see how ESPN would handle us knocking them out

I think we might be able to get them. Our team is a ****ing wild card

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Put a sword through me right now if we have to watch Popavich run circles around Bickerstaff for 4 straight games.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well gotta get in the playoffs first but I'd like to see warriors in case a miracle happens and we win somehow to see how ESPN explodes

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, Steve Kerr is such an amateur . . . :rolleyes:

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

idk gs running circles around the rockets doesn't sound any better

13. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Rather play warriprs there gonna get tired chasing that record

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

I'd go with the Warriors. I feel the Spurs have been the better team post all-star break. Although I do feel that the Rockets can hang with the Spurs for a few quarters, Pops tends to start hacking. With our bigs at the FT line and the ball out of Harden's hands it tends to get ugly quick.

Obviously the Rockets would be major underdogs against either team but just like we were due to get some wins against the Clippers last year, I feel we are due to get some against GS sooner or later.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I never thought I'd say this, but the Warriors. They'll still destroy us, but I think they look a little gassed lately from chasing 73 wins. Whereas the Rockets have pretty much coasted all season long and put in zero effort(aside from Harden after November). At least there's a prayer we could make that series competitive. The Spurs would roll us in 4.

Of course, I'd rather we tanked the last few games if the 6th seed was out of reach, but our organization is run by a couple of arrogant morons who think making the playoffs is some sort of achievement. So I know that ain't gonna happen.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I prefer Golden State because I believe we can sweep them. If the Wolves can beat them, so can we.:rolleyes:

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I prefer the Warriors because I believe the Rockets can sweep them. If the Wolves can beat them, so can we.:rolleyes:

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Let me add this little wrinkle.

Which would you rather have:

(A) The 8-seed, a first round match-up against the Warriors, and the 45th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft; or

(B) The 7-seed, a first round match-up against the Spurs, and NOT have that pick?

The Rockets will still own the Knicks' second rounder (currently projected to be in the #37-40 range) but also have a chance to keep their own second rounder, which is top-45 protected from the trade by which they acquired Corey Brewer from Minnesota. If the Rockets keep the pick this year, they will NOT owe a future pick to Minnesota.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Warriors easily, mainly because of the Spurs. Reasons are multiple:
    - Spurs are seasoned veterans, always come to play and already know what to do
    - Spurs are better than the Warriors since the ASB
    - Spurs have better defenders to put on Harden
    - Spurs will and have exposed our lack of a good defensive system and our players non-communication on defense. Moreso than the Warriors
    - A bigger chance Harden will check out on defense against the Spurs
    - Ariza has to guard Parker or Leonard, is better on a Iggy / Barnes
    - Spurs 3pt shooters are always hot against us
    - Pop adjusts better than anyone
    - Spurs have an extra Spurs killer in Aldridge now
    - Dwight can bang against Bogut since the guy is physical too, not so much against the Spurs bigs. Dwight has played better against Warriors too
    - Harden will have a better chance to get his numbers against the Warriors like last year's play-offs

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

C) Miss the playoffs; (12th-14th) 1st round pick; 2nd round Knicks pick; 2nd round Rockets pick

Sounds good. ;)