1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassin's Creed III Set in the American Revolution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BVUMPrv8oRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Def looks like a completely new game, needs the newness however i hope they don't disregard the entire feel of the old games with great architecture and the great soundtracks.
    I believe this will be like AC2 where there's a massive space with small villages here and there.
    Regardless looking forward to it.

3. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

They did, it's called Assassin's Creed: Lineage and it was produced by Ubisoft.

We used to keep it in stock at Gamestop, but I don't think I ever sold a single copy.

You can see the full movie on youtube, it's only about an hour long.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it's only 30 minutes long. We used to sell it for $15, so no wonder we never sold any.

#43 Ender120, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That's one reason I loved ACII so much...vast countryside with a number of villages and large cities you could travel.

That trailer looks awesome. Hopefully stealth plays a bigger role than the last few games.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read a German preview, view bits I want to share:
    -Map is twice the size as the world in Brootherhood.
    -You play Connor, son of a English man and a Native American mother.
    -Set between 1753 and 1780.
    -Game will be more open than previously, you will more often have the decision what mission you take on next and what part of the world you wanna explore.
    -dynamic weather and seasons
    -quick travel option
    -you will meet several groups that will offer side missions and ways to earn money
    -you can hunt animals and sell their coat
    -gameplay and open world remind of Red Dead Redemption
    -many historical events(Great Fire in Ney York 1783, Fort Valley,...)
    -you meet historical persons like George Washington or Benjamin Franklin
    -fighting system completely revamped(based on speed and momentum)
    -new dynamic camera for better overview
    -you can chain attacks to combos
    -ability to use enemies as human shields
    -same graphic engine as in the other titles, but will be revamped and look better
    -engine will have ability to show thousands of enemies, battles may involve thousands of soldiers
    -cutscenes will have a complete time of two and a half hours, done with motion capturing

Hope that helps you guys.