1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassin's Creed III Set in the American Revolution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

He would get destroyed in WWII. All these guns and whatnot. It would be a short, short game. Unless you just drove a tank around the whole time. Now that'd be sweet. Although, he did take bullets like a champ in Revelations

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

People get assassinated in downtown Detroit with or without the presence of Assassins anyway. LOL.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is a little known game that does exactly this, it is called Sabateur, and was based in Paris during WW2, a great game, with an open sandbox style of gameplay, GTA and ASS creed style.

You can pick it up cheaply at Gamespot.....I highly recommend it.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

They need to come out with a movie!

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Rocky VIII: Return of the Creed

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They came out very early on and said a game would never take place during WWII though I think one of the spinnoffs (handheld or smarthphone) took place in WWI.

There've been guns in the last couple of games but needless to say, they're not very advanced. In the American Revolution, they're still using muskets so it's not all that different except that maybe more people have them due to it being war time.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

After being teased at the end of the first game I always though I'd see an Japanese Ninja/Samurai in feudal Japan....sigh...

8. penda45

penda45 Member

[​IMG]

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

This is where game style and story clash. You want a product to be a certain way but its held back by what needs to happen with the protagonists and setting to move the plot forward.
    I would have been furious if it went to Japan lol and more furious had it been a girl (not sexist) because it would just lose its badness. Like Ezio was a 52 year old master fighting which is somewhat reasonable but imagine a lady of that age fighting lmao.
    We already saw that in Embers and i wasn't too bought into it.

10. A00man

A00man Member

Some awesome art for the game!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Brotherhood is probably the best game in the series, so you should definitely finish it. There are also significant events in the storyline. Brotherhood and Revalations are not just add-ons or what have you, they are full games, deeper in many ways than AC II.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Actually AC2 was the best in my opinion, it brought a new breath to the game and also was very unpredictable. Everyone knows very much where the story is going now.
    With that said i dislike how they have made this game a yearly release, I understand they did that for the second game (all the chapters AC2-Revelations)
    However since this is the last installment i would have liked them to take an extra year perfecting everything and bringing many new elements like the gap from AC to AC2.
    Just my quick :rolleyes:
    Love AC!

13. A00man

A00man Member

No worries. AC3 has been in development for 3 years according to the Game Informer article. Ubisoft was pushing out different chapters of AC2 while developing AC3 at the same time. We should expect a big gap between the AC2 trilogy and AC3.

14. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I had grown kind of tired of the series. Loved 1 and 2 but never actually beat Brotherhood and didn't bother with Revelations

I think they found the way to get me back in. Didn't expect that setting/time period at all, but I love it

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I like the series but...not feeling this game.

16. Cannonball

Well, you've got the whole 12/21/2012 thing that they've included in the game. They really need to wrap up Desmond's story before then. To quote one of the Ubisoft execs: "It would be stupid of us to be centering a game on a semi-reality and then have that conclusion happen after that date in real life."

Like A00man said, Ubisoft started working on ACIII right after they released ACII in 2009. The main 3 games were all done in house at Ubisoft Montreal while Brotherhood and Revelations had help from 5 or 6 other Ubisoft studios. I get why people would think the series would be diluted but every game has been high quality and has gotten great reviews. I'm not worried about ACIII at all.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Are these all available on ps3. Or is this a 360 thing?

18. Cannonball

They're all cross platform.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea that's right...forgot about the whole 2012 thing. I love this series too much for it not to have an epic ending, I def want it to be forever memorable and touching like the previous games have done.
    The posters alone make me want to shut up and just throw my money at Ubisoft!

20. Cannonball