1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

asking for prayers...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by verse, Feb 18, 2011.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

I believe in the power of prayer...

My girlfriend is pregnant (22 weeks and 2 days). She went into the hospital this morning, fully dilated cervix. The amniotic sack is protruding thru it and chances for my first son's birth are high risk, at best. The docs decided to keep her bed ridden (at a 30 degree reverse angle) from this day until delivery, which they say could be as early as now...or at 36 weeks.

My boy is healthy at this point, but the cervix is damaged and a cerclage is a risky procedure, but one they may decide to perform. Regardless, I'd appreciate the prayers. In the meantime, I have to keep working and try to hold this whole thing together

3 people like this.
  2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Hoping for the best Verse.

3. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Prayers are with you man. I could only imagine what you and your family are going through right now. Keep us updated

4. verse

Thank you. I'm putting on the calm, confident face around her, but it has me twisted in knots. Me being twisted doesn't help her at all, because she needs to remain calm. This would be the first boy of my family's immediate generation. I believe we have about 15 girls...with NO boys. To complicate matters, no one outside of my brother knows about it. I don't know how to introduce them into this situation as is, or if it is even fair to them to do so. How do I get their hopes up, only to possibly pull the rug later?

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

As an atheist, I hope everything goes well.

6. verse

I appreciate the sentiment. Btw, hope and faith and belief are synonymous. All presume a belief that the power of concentrated thought...particularly shared common thought...has the ability to produce energy and, thus, effect. Thank you, sincerely.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Prayers sent verse. I really hope everything turns out ok. I've been through a similar situation with my fiancé and only son. In my case everything turned out well, my hope is yours does too. Keep staying strong for her, I know it's not easy for you either but of course mom and baby need your strength. Best wishes.

8. verse

...as well as "affect".

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I can't even imagine what you and your wife must be going through, but y'all will be in my prayers, and I hope for all the best.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope all will be well.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hope everything turns out fine.

12. verse

Thank you. It's difficult as hell. She needs me to be her rock and I get that and do that around her. Right now, though...away from her...its a b****. There are other complications to this, but that doesn't matter right now. As is, I have to protect my son, is my feeling. I wish an MD would chime in, because I wonder if the cerclage is the best option.

13. verse

What happened?

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Verse, wish you the best of luck. Prayers are with you. Stay strong.

15. mikol13

Supporting Member

My fiancé had an incompetent cervix, we caught it but late. She was given a circlauge, but it wasn't holding well. So she went back in to get it double stitched. Her mother lost 4 children the same way, so the pregnancy was high risk, but after all that it went well.

Your situation seems to be more severe, but if the doctors are confident, then I would be too. Easier said than done I know. I was a wreck the whole time but knew I needed to be strong for her.

I know they're just words but man I totally feel for you right now, I know I lived it, it's so tough. You'll continue to be in my prayers. If anything comes up and you need anything, I'll do anything I can to help.

16. mikol13

Supporting Member

If you don't mind me asking, where is her doctor? We were at Texas Womens and they were phenomonal. The cerclauge works, I guess with your girlfriend the fear is the breaking the sack, since they'd have to basically push it back in.

17. verse

San Antonio.

18. verse

Take it how you want. I appreciate what you're saying. But I really...really...want to knock someone the **** out right now. So much anxiety and anger.

19. verse

I just can't stop feeling like im at fault somehow and its eating me alive.

20. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

How could you possibly be at fault, you know deep down inside that you didn't do anything wrong. You just have to be strong for her right now. Everything will be fine, just keep praying and believing.