1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I have to say, this whole situation with Asik is a joke.

You are under contract.

You are getting paid ALOT of money.

Quit pouting and get out there and play like a professional.

I don't understand why he has be alienated from the team when he could be out there helping us win games. If he gets traded fine, but until then suck it up!

I don't agree with his attitude or the way the Rockets are treating the situation.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is getting traded no point in getting him hurt.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

100 Asik injury/trade threads. post your thoughts in those. You are not special. Also do not give threads vague titles like 'Asik'.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

He had some minor injury issues a couple games ago didn't he. Maybe it's a mutual decision to keep him off the court. A 6 week injury might blow a trade.

5. PhoneDaPosites

PhoneDaPosites New Member

Asik really has been isolated from the team. Was at the warrior game and Asik was only one on the bus that left the tunnel after the game. waited there waiting for the players. Asik gets on, and some assistants. nobody else

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Asik is not a team player.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

While I agree that this shouldn't have been a thread, I also agree with your point. Asik should be a professional and play the damn game. He's hurting the team by being out. Maybe he is out due to an injury or maybe it's a combination of his poor attitude and being a little injured. He just became a starter in the league last year, just started making good money on his contract, no reason to all sudden demand trades and start acting like your interest should be above the team's interest.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would love for him to buy in. He hasn't so might as well just deal with it.

With him as backup center and occasional TT lineup we would have been unstoppable. He would have made sure Aldridge didn't get 31 and 25 on us.

Oh well, like Lowry, you don't want part of this we don't want you either.

9. Granville

Granville Member

I am Asik of Omer's bull****

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Anyone else agree that he looks like Brad from Fast Times?

11. Remii

Remii Member

Today is Dec 14... Morey set a self imposed trade deadline of Dec 19. So Asik is about to be gone anyway and the Rockets have been winning without him...

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey we want that joker to pass the physical. So let him sit out.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Considering we have been winning without him, I think we will only get better with whatever we get in return.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

So many AOHs

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Asik has been all drama ever since Dwight got signed in the summer. He doesn't see Dwight as a teammate who can help him win a championship ring. Instead he's acting like the jealous 2nd wife.

He hasn't raised his stock by learning any post moves, or a developing a mid range jumper, he's the same Omer that Chicago Bulls didn't want.

16. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

another 5 star asik thread.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

At his point its better to sit him than get him in to an accidental injury, than you'll be in a really bad spot.

18. basketballholic

So much bologna about Asik. Not a team player. Won't go out there. Total bologna.

Look, we're trying to trade the guy. WE have held him out, not Asik. We made the decision to inactivate him. I'm sure that decision was made to keep him from getting hurt. Asik balled for us last year. He plays H-A-R-D. He's a top 10 center in this league. He did get some bad advice from his agent. But to take that and simply throw away everything else he has done is way way way overdone. Even the national media has picked up on it, calling him a titty baby, etc. That's ridiculous. He's just a player that should be a starting center in the NBA. We benched him. And he wants to be traded. If you're gonna condemn him and call him a baby then you've got to put Kobe, Melo, Lebron, Bosh, Love....all in the same class because they've all done much worse.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This post would have been more relevant 2-4 weeks ago, when the Rockets were still counting on Asik to produce off the bench. It's too late for that now. Morey and Les have made their decision: Asik's not buying in, so he's out.

It's customary for GMs to shutdown players involved in trades days (even weeks) before they're eligible to be moved. Morey likely agreed to a trade in principle (on the day Asik's bogus injury was announced), and is just waiting for the moratorium to be lifted (Dec 15th) in order to execute said trade involving Omer. (... for the record, this has been covered at length in other quality Asik threads.)

Yes, Omer's attitude sucks but what did you really expect a strong organization like the Rockets to do? Sit around and wait until all other available players/trade assests (i.e. draft picks) are off the Feb trade market? :confused:

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Great post.