1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I was a loyal 610 listener for many years but the format
    and the pesonel made a turn for the worst. I left them in
    July
    , after almost having a quadruple-bypass seizure
    listening to those idiots!

Like Popeye said: I stands enough I can't stands no more!!!

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He is actually the difference that this team needed.

3. loudandheard

loudandheard Member

He looked tired and a bit frustrated, not sure why. With all the double teams and triple teams on Harden and Lin, he should have positioned himself to get the ball. Over all he looked good, but he needs to move a bit more and needs to make an effort to be under the goal to draw defenders. I feel he could take a big man one on one and draw the foul, if only he could finish and draw the foul. They need use him like they use to use Olajuwon.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Do you realize we are paying him less than what Chicago is paying Taj? That's crazy.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lin and Harden both ran the P-n-R well with both Asik and Greg Smith.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Did you just???.....Oh no you didn't!!!:rolleyes:

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Why even respond to that fool? :confused:

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

didn't realize they got the Taj deal done. Love the guy, and he's worth Scola money, but yeah, the Asik contract is so much better value. Morey really deserves a ton of credit on this.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I can't call Asik ELITE defense yet but he definitely is one of the better centers in actually being useful on both ends of the court at this time and the potential for him to get better is really interesting. Glad Morey made the move to get him, it was a very good one.

I still can't think of a better nickname for him then Judge however.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Someone on here once called him "The Big O-umlaut" I think. I liked that.

11. thekad

thekad Member

This much is obvious. The guy doesn't learn; we're back to the whole Patterson/Scola nightmare until PP gets back.

12. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

His defense is top notch but i'm surprise with improvement on his offense and athleticism. When he was pnr w Lin he only need to step to throw it down. That was mcnasty:eek:

13. mokalus

mokalus Member

Overall, I think Asik had a solid game, but there was definitely a lot to improve upon. His help defense overall was actually very slow or nonexistant. And he fell for far too many pump fakes from the bigs that allowed them to drive past him with ease. With that said, he closed the game out with tremendous defense in the 4th quarter.

Defensive rebounding looks to be an issue with this team. Marcus was rusty, and it showed, but I'm not sure if the return of Patterson will fully fix our defensive boards. I'm optimistic that once McHale starts playing the rookies a bit, we'll see Terrence Jones and Scott Machado worked into the rotation eventually. Morris and Douglas were terrible last night.

14. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

Just butt hurt over losing the Rockets to 790. The minute it was announced they began killing everything Morey or the Rockets did. Second rate hacks who hopefully will be buried by 790 and they'll be forced to make changes. Childish stuff