1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ASIK vs HOWARD value ? Dream helping ASIK catch and finish?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Nov 8, 2013.

?

who is the better value

1. asik

106 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. howard

93 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

You know what you're going to get from this guy every night, hope morey can keep them both, z-bo & Duncan are some guys we may have to face in the playoffs

2. Remii

Remii Member

The Rockets spent a boat load of money upgrading a position they didn't need to. Howard is not $14 million a year better than Asik. His offense is suspect and he can completely check out on the offensive end. Howard was an expensive lateral move. The team already had a center who could rebound and play defense with no post game...

At this point _ the Rockets would have been better off not rescuing Howard from L.A. and bringing in Bynum to back up Asik.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So since Lin is out and we have no controversy with Lin vs. Hardin or Lin vs. Bev we start a Howard vs. Asik thread.....

How about the Rockets played a great game and the players are starting to learn their roles and play as a team... Why must there always be the crap threads of this player vs. that player...

Dang I miss the old days when we actually had discussions on the game and how the team is starting to come together....

T_Man

4. Remii

Remii Member

Which one would you trust with free throws...??? Howard might chump out at the line in a game 7... Which would probably make him so scared of getting fouled he wouldn't even want the ball on offense in the 4th... So him catching the ball better might not be as big of an issue...

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Asik has glass hands. He's really finishing under the basket though.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Man I hear you, we're the old school, who came to this Board for.... The rockets. Lol now it's like a "I'm gonna bash every player on the team" type of thing. Maybe we just need to start a thread that only members who joined 2005 or earlier can post in lol that way we could discuss how god our team looks and wonder if we really are good enough to win it all. I swear even if we went on a 20 game win streak and beat every team by 10 points their would still be a lot of ppl on the board complaining.

Now in Howard. He's every bit if what I hoped. Sure I'd love to see him get 20 ppg.... But I'll take 18. Sure I'd love to see him lead the league in rebounds.... Ohh he's doing that. Wait he's avg over 2 blks a game also and disrupting many others? He's been great, we have to realize the times of dumping the ball to traditional big men are over and that's exactly what Howard is. But he can still be effective and get his on almost 60% fg. He's a team leader and is communicating and getting the rockets to work on their weaknesses. He's also playing with a team the has James harden a top 5 offensive weapon chandler parson and jermey Lin who all avg over 15 a game. This team has balance I expect the numbers to stay the same with harden at 24 Howard at 18 parsons at 16 and Lin at 14-15. That's a lot of offensive firepower not to mention that one or more of jones bev brooks Garcia can go off for 15 points on any given night and you see why Howard gets to rest for sometimes entire quarters. This is the type of team Dwight needs because the things he can do great are what we need most.

1 person likes this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Repped and totally agree with you... It's a TEAM sport!!!! Not one individual..

McHale was one of the best 6th man to play the game and could have started for a lot of teams. With McHale able to play the 4 and 5 he gave the Celtics a lot of flexibility and a strong inside game.

So to have this thread about Asik vs. Howard makes no sense... Especially when we can have the opportunity to have the best big man crew in the game today.

T_Man

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Howard can help Morey acquire players in the future with his recruiting.

Meanwhile, Asik wasn't even involved in the Howard recruitment. Not only does his English suck but he's proven he's a whiny pouter who's taking his opportunity in the NBA for granted.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

$22,000,000 you can feel good about getting him, but truth is he is no difference maker and money could have been spent somewhere else, harden has shown his $16,000,000 is worth is it, this is the game we needed a PLUS MAX Guy to step up bring Houston the win but it didn't happen

11. SirKen

SirKen Member

OH WOW!

Rockets fanbase has just sunk to a new low!

12. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Lol it would be hillarious if Dream would teach Asik how to catch,but anyway we won't trade Dwight,that would send bad messages to future Superstar FA's just enjoy Asik while you can,cause I don't see him staying in Houston after the trade deadline.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

good post

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

When you have a chance to get a superstar/star player you take it.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes agreed on both

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard has had some great games this year. But I still have that what if factor sometimes especially with how he's been lately. That's $22 mill we would've had to upgrade the team.

rockets last year ran bulls out the gym twice, tonight we got blew out because of the half court Howard offense.

I'm still pulling for Howard but as of now it's like we are in the same team as last year or even worse... WHY ?? lacking that PF, because when howard turns the ball over like he does we are even worse than last yr because asik didn't hurt the team like that.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1. We upgraded the starters as well as the bench just by signing Howard. Stop knee-jerking :rolleyes:

2. Saying "It's like we are in the same team as last year or even worse" is just so hilariously stupid

18. Play07

Play07 Member

Center in the league that averages the most turnovers, and doesn't have better D or rebounding than the guy we had. $22mill hope he comes through on playoffs

19. Play07

Play07 Member

How am I knee jerking check the poll homeboy, but man I ride with asik and I would've went for bench and PF. If we move Lin and asik for an upgrade cool but they are still major players on our bench

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Howard wasn't the most optimal upgrade for us considering that Asik is already a top 10 center. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have signed Dwight. Having 48 minutes of elite rim protection is extremely valuable. Unfortunately, our head coach is incompetent play caller and as a result we tend to free style a lot.

PF is our biggest weakness but Morey I imagine would rather wait another year to try to nab a 3rd star instead of settling for someone like Paul Millsap.