1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik snubbed in Les Alexander's email

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iLookOK, Jul 13, 2013.

1. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

So Rockets fans are mindless drones. It speaks of your maturity if you hate Dwight Howard for some perceived slight to Steve Nash. You realize Nash was trying to entice DH to stay in LA? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. And maybe you don't do it but it has been my experience in the last 11 years that most "player-only" fans are upset if their boy doesn't get the love regardless of team results. Doesn't affect my love for the team but when you come to a Houston Rockets board and all you see is "Asik snubbed in e-mail" and "McHale hates Lin" and "Francis won't pass the ball to Yao" it gets a little irritating. Sorry if that offends you.

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

If a person finds something about the Rocket organization to root for, then no they are not mindless drones. I personally have nothing attached to the organization except for their players that I'd root for. I don't live in Houston, and so I have no location pride with them. They don't represent any part of my life.

So yes in my case, if I root for Rockets regardless of what they do such as taking my only attachments, the players, away, then I'd be a mindless drone as the only reason I rooted for the team is gone.

3. seahawk

seahawk Member

Is it a sin to follow Harden only? Lin only? Omer only? or Harden + Lin + Howard + Omer only?

I am player first fan. While I am sure my favourite players arent happy if they lose no matter how well they play, so I will be unhappy too. So I am rooting for the team at the same time.

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Just realized I got the email too. I guess it's to all Rockets Insiders.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You have every right to express your opinion. And we have every right to say we could care less that you're here and will care even more less when you leave. Maybe you would enjoy ESPN or www.omerasik.com more.

6. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't even understand why you needed to point that out. It has nothing to do with the discussion but infuse flames.

7. SirKen

SirKen Member

It's ok, Asik will stay when they figure out that Howard can play 4 in O and Asik can actually shoot (after some practice, of course. He has a decent shooting form).

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Believing sporting GMs is like believing politicians, you'd think people would learn the 2586th time they get bs'd too, but no, there's always shock amongst some the 2587th time.

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes and Les loves Lin.:)