1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik or Lin, which player do you want more?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Who do you want more on the Rockets?

1. Omer Asik

89 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. Jeremy Lin

107 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. NEITHER - I prefer the Rokets keep the cap space for someone else.

47 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

lol'd at this. Great analogy.

2. rocketfaithful

Getting Jeremy Lin isn't about how good he is. sure he is ok, but his skill set isnt why we want him. does anybody have any idea how much support and money the rockets got from china when we had yao. It is about money and support. Yao did absolutely nothing in his last year as he was hurt early on yet he still got voted to the all star team. These asian players provide much popularity that the rockets could use.

3. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

yeah that means you care for Lin

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Asik, and I can't believe Lin is getting this many votes.

5. Raven

Raven Member

The Asik contract will never be difficult to move. Just how many overpaid bigs do you have to see before you realize it's the norm. Lin worries me more. I'm just not sold on Linsanity continuing to play at that level.

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

I hope they both get matched. Neither one of them are worth the money being tied up into them for 3 years. Lin would bring coverage but that's about it.

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You can't believe it? Lin would be the starting point guard in the western conference next year. Not because he's good enough, but because of the amount of fans in asia who will vote for him like Yao. Lin has shown all star potential i don't think anyone can deny that.

At very worst he will be a scoring PG who turns the ball over a lot, who will get us nat tv games and make us relevant again. If Lin doesn't pan out, he will be very easy to move.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

We arent going to make the playoffs anytime soon so Lin would be a more fun choice and maybe we'll get more nationally televised games. Francis/Mobley teams were frustrating as hell but at least they were fun to watch.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

big men cost more than fowards and guards and also they are very valuable. You expect your 6ft 8 SF to protect the rim and get rebounds every game?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, I could care less about how many All Star votes Lin would get from China. I could care less about how much money Alexander thinks he would make from Lin being a part of the Rockets. What I care about is having the best team on the court that the Rockets can possibly produce, and in my opinion, Asik easily beats Lin in that department. You can find good point guards. You can't easily find good defensive bigs. That's just how it is in this league. We have no idea how good Lin may eventually be, but one can say the same about Asik, and Asik is seven feet tall, and not a stiff. He can play. It's a difference of opinion. I would welcome Lin on the Rockets, but given a choice between the two, which is the purpose of this thread, I'll take Asik, and it is an easy decision for me.

Oh, and if Lin doesn't "pan out," I fail to understand why he would be "easy to move." If you don't mind, perhaps you could explain that to me.

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Lin has more upside, not only offensively but his size would allow him to be able handle most PGs in the league without having to worry to much of being overpowered. Which in the Western conference would be a necessity.

Asik maybe great down the road defensively, but that is not a cornerstone unless he becomes legendary.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Asik. And it really isn't close.

13. rednation98

rednation98 Member

Lin for sure. He can make Rockets more popular. LINSANITY!!!!

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Lin would fill seats which is important, but Asik fills a bigger need for us defensively. Hopefully we can get both though!