1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik in the low post

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jondoe, Nov 8, 2012.

1. nono

nono Member

Good post play starts from the defense respecting the post player. No defense cares about Asik in the post. He won't draw a double team. He won't score on single coverage. Every defender just stays on their man when we throw him the ball.

Also, you can not take both Harden and Lin out of the game at the same time. McHale's brain simply can not absorb this fact as of yet. Let Lin run with the second unit when Harden is on the bench and vice versa. Watching Toney Douglas play extended minutes with Harden and Lin on the bench makes me want to kick puppies.

2. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Tell him to thunder dunk it every time...(if only it were that easy)...

3. slowturtle

slowturtle Rookie

We trying the pickNroll, Guard created offense....Well you need players who are athletic and can fly and cut to the rim. Well we don't have those kind of players on our roster. Asik is not rolling and flying like Tyson Chandler. The better option is ball going to low post and create off that when they come and double team.

4. slowturtle

slowturtle Rookie

Totally agree on the kick puppies thing. hahahaha

5. jondoe

jondoe Member

Totally agree. Why on earth does Mchale play Harden and Lin together exclusively is beyond me. At least Lin can be a playmaker when Harden sits. And why not try Douglas with Lin? Coach sucks. No adjustments whatsoever. Lin is a young kid, and he played only 33 minutes yesterday. Yao played more minutes in his prime. Doesn't make sense. Douglas should get ten minutes TOPPS.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Lin wasnt hiting his shots.... TD was passing the ball just as well as Lin...

and TD and the second unit was playing better defense/team defense

I am fine with the minutes TD got... he just wasnt hitting his shots either...

7. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

the thing is this,... if Rox are going to spend the "years" it will take to develop him into a low post threat...

then Rox better sign him to a long term contract...

8. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

The ideal you want starter to build chemistry. Of course last 2 games it like they playing pure street ball on offensive end. Anyways the solution get different backup PG not solving it by having J-lin play 2nd unit. TD whopping 2-18 so far. I reasonable to say after 4 games he should be benched or waived.

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

he could do what battier used to do when his corner 3's weren't falling... dive into the paint with his back to the rim, call for the ball, and jack up a hook shot before he got called for 3 seconds. no footwork necessary.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I hope to see some progress from Asik in low post tonight..a few times when he got the bal it wasn't so bad..I feel he has a great potential...