1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik formally asks for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

Anyone else remember how Rudy would split all the minutes at the 4 and 5 between three players?

Dwight averaged 35 min last year, Omer 30. That would mean only 17 minutes at the 4 to get his 30.

Seems doable. Kevin might have other ideas :)

2. haydenfisher342

Should I follow? I love BBall breakdown but damn he posts every second on twitter, if he doesnt write books over twitter ill follow

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

To clear it up I'm not upset at Asik wanted to make sure has a legit role with the team. I'm upset that (supposedly) asked for a trade. He did what McGrady did. Unacceptable.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think some people may be overreacting a bit. We are not exactly clear what's going on. It is one thing for Asik to tell the team that "Guys, Omer would like to be a starting C and would prefer if you trade Omer." It is quite another for him to be "Omer is mad as hell and cannot take it anymore; Omer hates you mother****ers for your lies!"

I suspect it is more of the former. He'd prefer to be a starter (part of why he chose to come to the Rockets in the first place) but he is a consummate professional and will still give 100% like he did as a key backup in Chicago as long as he stays a Rocket.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I don't understand why so many people overlook the fact that Jordan played in 94-95. He was NOT playing baseball when we swept the same team that he lost to int eh East semis. So sick of that garbage.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's gotten to the point where I trust Hoopsworld more than ESPN

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

If we are going to trade Asik now would be the time. His value will probably never be higher.

With that said I don't see how you can avoid playing Omer for 25-30 minutes a game. Which means you would have twin towers for 12-18 minutes a game. If the twin towers is not an option then you HAVE to trade him rather than let him languish on the bench.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

9. SexyButIgnorant

Lol at fans denying this. I'm sure Asik wants to be a starter. He doesn't wanna go back to playing 15 minutes a game. There's no way Mchale uses both at the same time.

He was a great defender, but is an offensive liability. Trade him away to a mediocre team and get back some good assets. Fin.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I trust Nuño. Omer wouldn't make a trade demand and if he did, it wouldn't go public.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know if Asik did or did not ask for a trade.

I know that I don't believe a damn thing ESPN hoops commentators tell us their "sources" are telling us. Not a damn thing. They have shown themselves to be beyond inaccurate...they're deliberately deceptive.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not denying it. May be totally accurate...I just don't trust ESPN at this point.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I want to get traded too. I don't like clutchfans anymore, send me some where else please?

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Mattj was saying the same thing on the radio.

Omer can barely speak English. Actually, with his proficiency you would have to round down and simply say that Omer CANNOT speak English. He has no capacity to leak a report to the media saying he has asked the Rockets FO for a trade, and it is simply against his character to conduct business in this manner.

David Nuno is Puff, an all-around good guy, Adam Levine look-a-like, and I hope he finds much success in his sports broadcast career.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It took us 5 years to get a seven footer who can defend, and rebound like very few can.

I don't want to trade him unless we get a really good player. We will have no trouble getting good role players. Before we had to spend a little extra, but now we get them for less than most teams. Especially with no SIT.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes. Rep for you.

17. Raven

Raven Member

There wouldn't be any need to make a trade demand public. This is just the media trying to stir #### up. And if Asik wants a trade, it probably has more to do with wanting to get it over with while he has all Summer to prepare.

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its ok for him to ask a trade but not ok for bspn to come up with the story. dont fall for their bs, wait for a reputable source

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Any twin towers comparison to Dream and Ralph just doesn't work. Ralph could hit the mid range jumper and that helped a lot on the offensive end. Omer and Dwight together on offense would be a very tough situation

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

If thus is true it bums me out ... I want him to stay