1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik formally asks for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jul 7, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Maybe he believes he is just as good as Dwight and is offended.

Having both of them would make us hell for okc :/

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

BREAKING: A source has told ESPN that Omer Asik has "changed his mind." Asik has told the Rockets he's now '50-50'.

Chris Broussard reports Omer Asik is waffling. "Hey, he's Omer." source said.

lulz

Not worried either way.

1 person likes this.
  3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Member

Can't say that I understand the motivation of NBA players. But it doesn't make sense to me that Asik would want out. He's getting paid quite handsomely to come off the bench, but still play meaningful minutes.

His play last year confirmed his value, I think, at his contract value. If he improves again in 2013 I can see him asking for more money, getting traded, & all that. He'll still have plenty of opportunity to improve & show it.

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

ESPN didn't say, "An unnamed source..." like they do in a lot of their articles. They're reporting that Omer Asik asked the team to trade him.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to believe. Asik asking the team to trade him doesn't make him a bad guy.

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

6. conquistador#11

lol you guys get hard ons when false reports about trades come in, then get upset when a report says asik wants to break up with you first? Reminds me of tony soprano when he bangs the russian with one leg.

I, on the other hand, will not believe this report until i see it in some turkish interview where it looks like he is back in 1993 with the camera quality.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Night(O)mer?

8. haydenfisher342

I admited its prob denial. But Asik never speaks, shuts up and plays. It seems out of character for him to demand a trade. I personally think this is coming more from Asiks agent then Asik himself. Reason is maybe im being cynical but, its for the agent to make more money in the future. Howard will bring Asiks numbers down, its a given. After his contract is up how is he going to justify his contract. Tell everyone remember 2012?

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hell no

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

Asik has not done anything to deserve the right of asking for trade.

It is extremely unprofessional if it is true. This kind of thing hurt the organization.

The natural and rational thing to do is to play basketball to honor your contract and honor your paycheck.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Asik has earned the right to be a started. It sucks that an improvement to our team has cost us the loss of such an awesome player.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

CNN - You mean the full of CRAP NEWS NETWORK

Just for the record you don't need a reporter to know Asik is not happy about signing Howard. It means less minutes for him and he wants more. Just ask him which is better more or less. A six year old will answer that for you. Me want more.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He doesn't want to be a backup anymore. He has proved he is a started.

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

So? The coach decides who starts, who is on bench, Dleague or DNP.

don't want to ... ? you have to live with it and collect those $20M paychecks.

I do not believe ESPN was telling the truth. Asik is way better than this.

15. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Not sure he's a puss... He's 27 and will likely get at least 2 more contracts in his NBA career. Him playing 15 or so minutes per game will only damper his value in a couple years. Not to mention, he wants to start. Was Harden a puss for not wanting to be a back up and eventually earn more money?

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

It was a dig at CNN's boston bombing coverage and how bad it was. Fox News is more biased than non-credible, if I had a hierarchy of terms for news stations lol.

And what do you mean by "force a trade"? Article said Asik asked for a trade, which makes sense to me. No one said he was b*tching and moaning all day long like a spoiled brat. That would seem uncharacteristic of Asik.

Lots of people like to read into things that aren't there (re: cyberx comments and the GARM poster interpretations/exaggerations/freakouts that happened).

But even if he did (no one saying he is), how do you know that is "uncharacteristic" of him? You know him? Please, we all only know these people about half as well as we know a random TV personality. We read a few quotes a yr, we see him decline virtually all interviews and now we know his character? Let's not be that presumptuous.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

spoilers.

18. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Before it keeps going, let's not talk about CNN vs. Fox News or anything like that. That sort of discussion inevitably leads into politics, and this isn't the place to discuss that. Thanks!

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, would REP if I could.

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think ESPN source is Omer's fake twitter account.