1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik formally asks for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jul 7, 2013.

1. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

ESPN is the Fox news of basketball. i'll wait till i hear it from him personally, or some quotes.

1 person likes this.
  2. haydenfisher342

still dont believe asik would do this. Woj maybe, just maybe I might believe then. Denial, prob Asik is my fav player

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Winning often cures conditions like Asik's.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Exactly. That's why the Rockets are saying what they're saying, that way it looks like they can play them together. Turning away immediate trades also raises Asik's value instead of making the Rockets look like a team desperate to get rid of an unhappy player.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm sure if Morey and co. sit and talk about the situation with Omer, he'll stay.

I don't think Dwight has had a backup center AND a fellow superstar on his team, at the same time. Omer will get quality minutes, because we don't have to rely on Dwight 100% every game.

6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I really wish he wouldn't have been public about this. Means we might get less for him in return.

In fact, him asking publicly rather then privately might actually cause the Rockets to hang on to him for at least a bit, so it might hurt him too. While I'm sure they are shopping him, I wouldn't take any deal unless we are getting good value in return.

Though I'm still down for trading him for Ryan Anderson + Young players and/or Draft picks

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I really doubt Denver is going to give up Faried unless the Rockets give up a lot more than that.

8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I love Asik and his game but I don't want a player that doesn't want to be here! He could potentially mess with the chemistry of the team! If it is true and he has asked for a trade I'd say we should trade him! That being said I wouldn't trade him until other things play out on the market! So denying that they are going to trade him is the best thing they can do! It hurts his value if other teams know we are trying to get rid of him!

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Why? I just don't get it. This isn't some character flaw of Asik's. This isn't him spitting on Houston fans. This is him doing something that seems pretty natural and rational, given the situation.

I almost feel like everyone's denial that Asik would now ASK to be traded is that unbelievable. We don't seem to suffer this problem w/ most other players we read about. Some emotional attachment going on here lol.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If true Asik is a puss. Can't believe he would want to play on a contender

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

We are in a good position. No need to make a move just to make it. I think Morey is just waiting for the right move, and making him "sound" unavailable will only entice teams more.

12. haydenfisher342

Bs report, just reported through team stream that the rockets deny asiks demanding a trade, unbelievable. Woj or fail. no link from phone sorry

13. deshen

deshen Member

not a bad idea of trying both as the starters. It could free up Howard to play more offensive role.

14. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wait what? How is CNN not credible? I think you mean the Fox News of sports.

And yeah, I don't buy this horse****. Sure Asik might be unhappy, but to force a trade is uncharacteristic of him. I'm sure it'll work out somehow.

Won't believe it until Woj/Spears/Amick reports it.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This news is quoted from sources. There is no confirmation of this at all.

16. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

That's a disaster waiting to happen. Need more spacing.

17. jae713

jae713 Member

This ESPN **** is getting out of hand. Unbelievable.

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

19. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Both are about equally credible at this point, CNN and Fox News.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Says Bulls fans a year ago. Asik is entering his, what, 4th year? The dude might want to be a starter on a championship team, nothing wrong with that.