1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik for 14th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 18, 2011.

1. arubato

arubato Member

Give them TWill and 23rd then we'll talk.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I trust our front office to value Asik accordingly, they have a pretty good track record.

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/dvsrGtK65SA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/dvsrGtK65SA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Bring it on i'd do Lee, 23rd for Asik, 28th & 30th!!

4. Aydge

Aydge Member

Asik on 82games

Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
    On Court 93.9
    Off Court 103.6
    Defensive Differential -9.7 :eek:

This guy isn't coming off the bench for Aaron Brooks, he's coming off the bench for one of the best defensive centers in the league in Noah, and if you saw the bulls this postseason, he really does make that much of a difference. The numbers aren't lying.

1 person likes this.
  5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Look....I'd love the Rockets to send Chuck Hayes to the bench or beyond more than any other poster on CFans.

But if Omer Asik is worth a #14 pick? It's only a reference to the talent limits of this years' crop.

23 + Lee and next years' CHI 1st and it's a conversation. Otherwise...the Rockets are well-acquainted with injury-riddled Centers.

6. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

14 for Asik. Yes.

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Asik, Gibson, and the 28th for Miller and the 14th

We can stash some internationals like Mirotic with the 28th pick or trade back and stash Bogdanovich.

We also force Miller on them! I know its a hard sell to the bulls but if they see someone they really like at 14, its worth it. Or maybe they switch Gibson with Bogans and give us another pick.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I doubt we get Asik+28th for just the 14th. Its either a straight swap (not in favor) or 14th+Lee for Asik+28th. Lee is basically a luxury right now, he's a solid player but we don't need him if we can get the 28th to go along with the 23rd.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Man, any of you who wouldn't do the 14th pick for Asik is pretty insane in the membrane. Literally.

Asik is EASILY worth the 14th pick.

Who are you going to pick with the 14th pick? Marshon Brooks? WOW, MAN, THAT IS SUCH A BETTER PROSPECT THAN OMER ASIK.

I'd do CLee AND 14th for Asik.

He is a top defensive C in the league already, AND ITS ONLY HIS ROOKIE SEASON. He is a crazy help-side defender, can rebound, and owned the Heat better than Noah did. Its easy to say he will be better than Gortat. Now ask yourself this, would you do 14th for Marcin Gortat on a rookie scale contract?

Asik is a premier big man in the league, and he will average 10/10/2 in the league easy for the better part of his career. He is a shot-blocker, rebounder, fierce protector of the rim, and is already making a huge contribution to the team in the league with the best record.

If he was drafted top 10, you guys would be screaming to trade the whole house for him

Look at talent guys, not reputation.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem with Asik isn't his talent, everyone knows he's awesome defensively. Its his health, dude can't seem to stay healthy. We might end up with the best center lineup who doesn't play in the L with both Yao and Asik in the roster.

11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

This is what they are talking about in Chicago.

Would anybody do this?

Read the Chicago Fans Comments
    http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bulls-confidential/2011/06/would-kevin-martin-be-available.html

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

13. Seven

This isn't really related to your post, but would any of you guys do the trade below?

Asik and Deng for Martin and Miller

This way we can use the 14th on Thompson, Miller, Burks to replace martin. I'm torn on this trade, because we'd be losing alot of offense, but the draft picks could make it bearable. Conversely, we'd gain alot of defense.

14. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would STRONGLY consider this if we could somehow package the 4 1st rounders and/or 2 first rounders next year to move up into the top 5. Beasly or Mayo would be a start. It's like trading Kmart for Asik + Beasley/Mayo, which is something that we have to look at.

15. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you think about it, a Asik/Patterson/Hayes will be KILLER defensively. Asik's offense will only get better and Hayes is improving each year. It's a championship caliber defensive core, and depending on how PPat develops, this group won't be chumps offensively either. If we get Beasley or Mayo to be the 1st/2nd option, their games would thrive, especially Mayo.

16. Seven

I agree...he's more ready to contribute this year anyone we can get in the draft, but I wouldn't give up martin for that chump change. Those picks are really low picks, and I would only consider trading Martin to them if they give us Deng and Asik in return.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I would do it, they can keep Watson, Pargo, Lucas and whoever scrubs they are trying to stuff into this deal. We don't want them and they have much more use to Chicago than they do to us.

But the Rockets would need another piece of young talent other than Asik coming back. Bulls could give Taj, Watson or whoever to Minnesota, etc. And another piece like Beasley or OJ Mayo needs to come back to the Rockets.

So basically this deal becomes

Kevin Martin + Brad Miller + Jordan Hill

for

28th pick, 30th pick, and the Charlotte pick
    Asik
    and Beasley or Mayo

Only way I'd do this deal.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how about this deal

Kevin Martin and Brad Miller to the Bulls

Asik, 2nd pick to the Rockets (Enes Kanter)

Watson, Lucas, Pargo, 28th pick, 30th pick, 14th pick, Charlotte pick, to Minnesota.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Asik for Lee for sure, not for Martin

20. Seven

I think that's a horrible deal for the Wolves, but good deal for everyone else. We're getting way too much for Martin. Bulls and rockets should cough up more valuable pieces to the wolves for this to work.