1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asik discussion: Poor guy deserves at least one thread about him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lihao

Lihao Member

he's 26, he's definitely the most important part in the team defense , all he needs to do now is just dunk the ball instead of lay up .

2. torocan

torocan Member

Thanks. I noticed that error after I posted.

Sadly, I can't edit posts :eek:

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He lacks explosion. He does fine when he can use timing and (mis)directon to his advantage, but when he's under the rim and defenders are around him, well, there's only one way to go and he only has 3 seconds, maybe less. Defenders get up with him and block or deny him.

4. AVP

AVP Member

More practice and games with Harden/Lin will net him more easy baskets. Once his confidence is up his post shooting will improve. I'm not worried about him. With unselfish players like Harden/Lin the man will greatly improve his offensive skills. I predict a future All-star in the making.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

When he was with the Bulls I heard a rumour that he was dating some supermodel or beauty queen or something but that it was in fact a rumour and not true.

But I do agree with torocan. Omer like Lin & Harden are all unfinished products.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

On defense, he is a 7-ft Chuck Hayes.
    On offense, he is a Brad Miller who can't shoot. Okay, just kidding. On offense, he's a 7-ft Chuck Hayes who can't catch a pass.

So he is basically a 7-ft Chuck Hayes whose offense is grossly underrated.

We need to get Chuck back to teach Asik how to improve his FT shooting.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What was that about he had 9points in the 1st game? Shouldn't the pg make him look like Hakeem? I thought so,but not to derail this,he is what he is. Very good defender and rebounder. He's a solid passer,but he's. Deandre Jordan offensively if that. Carry on

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I brought you along very nice,great post :)

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Thank you! miniAsik****************

luv this guy.....stuff the damn rock bro!

10. kinein

kinein Member

Once he can score confidently and build up more muscle. He's going to find it easier to rack up the scoreboard. He's a bit light-weight but he makes up with it with superb effort and rebound talent. Asik is a MOTHERFRICKING BEAST! I love his rebound game and how he picks off the enemy!

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I love Omer for his work ethics and his rebounding. He seems like a really nice guy, great sportsmanship, and he looks like Patrick Jane in The Mentalist.

I'm sure he's working really hard to improve his other areas. He's probably not as exposed in the spotlights as much as others because of language issues and he's not an attention seeker a la Royce White. I follow him on twitter but he doesn't tweet.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Didn't read the thread ...but didn't he used to dunk with authority when he played for the Bulls ? Seems like that was in all the youtube videos,him slamming and hanging from the rim ? All I've seen this year it seems like he is trying to lay it up on the rim,when he should use his size and power.

I'm impressed with his defense,rebounding,motor.Much better than I thought he would be ...great addition to the squad.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He has brought the goods, but he needs to finish around the rim better. I understand he's a bad offensive player, but there are times where he just makes bad decisions when he could just dunk or at least try to dunk and draw a foul.

14. ogh

ogh Member

So true, big guy needs to gradually up his playing minutes.

15. ogh

ogh Member

He used to play 10-12 minutes per game in Chicago, but now he plays 35 minutes per. I'd imagine he wouldn't have legs to dunk after like 20 minutes play. This guy needs to eat more turkey meat!

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm kinda confused since in the first paragraph you said his defense doesn't make up for his inept offense but then say his lack of offense isn't a big deal because of low usage rate. I agree with your 2nd paragraph for sure, but it also showcases the importance of pairing him up with an elite scoring PF. Patterson would be a nice bench player on a championship team but doesn't have the scoring potential to match what we're missing from offense we're not getting from the center position.

Either we hope Motiejunas starts getting playing time and lives up to the hype, or we make a trade to pair Asik with a great scoring 4. Can't go wrong with Cousins, Love, Aldridge, etc.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm wondering why he's always the pick and roll partner - shouldn't it be some guy who can actually make a basket?

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Asik needs to pass the ball out after getting the offensive rebound. Last game we'd have won the game easily had he done that instead of missing those layups.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess because he can set the best pick.

20. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

dunk the ball!!