1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Asian Games final: China vs S. Korea 10/14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Timing

Timing Member

I don't recall them ever having a huge lead at any point in that game much less throughout it. In fact I remember them being down by several points towards the end and having to make a mad rush just to get back in the game.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Like I said, I don't care either way when people joke around and call Koreans "dogeaters" or what not. I'm as "white" as a Korean can be, since I was born here, and have parents who have lived in America for 30-35 years. Because the stereotypes on Koreans typically doesn't hold any weight, when compared to me, I don't really care.

You could say Korean "officials" or whoever, are sketchy when it comes to international sports, but to just use a term as vague as "Koreans" is just flat out stupid by rocks box, or whatever her name was.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Yup. Its not fair to lump people together because of their government.

We can blame Yao because he lives in a communist society.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2060840

5. Miggidy Markell

I don't remember the exact game, I wasn't born at the time. I just recall watching it on the "Hakeem the Dream" video.

6. tuus

tuus Member

that way may think olnly you in america.
    national pride takes more boost, when you win neighbours, your country get into world championships etc. average estonian don't gives a **** for the nba, but when we got win over latvia, then...

7. Rochut

Rochut Member

Would you be so impressed with those numbers if they were against-say- a good Junior College team? Yes the stat line looks good, but in the end, great players who are clearly better than anyone else on the court, should find a way to pull out the win. The whole attitude of "taking the team on your shoulders" is going to be a new concept for Yao because that has not been his experience to date.

I wish him a speedy adjustment!

8. Panda

Panda Member

Yao's not the main guy on the court because of the sorry coach they have. He's not the main focus of their offence despite being their best player. He can be a leader but he's not the leader period. He did what he could and I'm proud of his effort.

With that said, I'd like comment on Koreans in general. From my personal experience with Koreans, I think they are very nice and unselfish people. Judging the mental makeup of a race based on several occasions is prejudice.

The Roy Jones incident happened as a form of retaliation, because Koreans thought they were ripped off by the refs in 1984's LA Olympics. The Koreans officials got away with it and made it a habit IMO. It doesn't mean the average Koreans are of no principle. I think Koreans have high morals and are generally cool.

BTW, what refs can be more biased than the NBA ones? Kenny can definitely testify to that. ;)

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Were I trying to argue Ming is a great player at this point? Someone was saying he looked weak playing against the Korean players so I pointed out he did collect 22 rebounds and 5 blocks. What's your point?

10. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

but i have heard that dogmeat is a unique delicacy. Taiwan only banned it in recent years. There was a time when wild dogs roamed our streets and this was one of the best ways to alleviate the problem. In America the strays get picked up by the animal "shelters" and "humane" societies and get PUT TO SLEEP. In many place in East and SE Asia they eat them. We're not talking about an endangered species here. They are domesticated livestock like any other animal.

oh well.. have no idea how this has anything to do with Yao Ming or the Asian games, but... :p

11. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

this game, China vs. Korea, kinda reminded me of the Rockets vs. Sonics rivalry in the late 90s. We were able to dominate everyone in the paint through Hakeem and Barkley, but for some reason we were just unable to get past those pesky, swarming green men... :mad:

12. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Yao Ming has arrived Beijing.

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Thanks Will....I followed your link, then another...and eventually came to find this wonderful information:

5. Dogmeat Food developed by Professor Ann

Digested dogmeat : Dogmeat hydrolyzed by protease
    Dogmeat powder : Digested dog meat powder
    Dogmeat extract : Water extract of digested dogmeat and medical ingredient
    Dogmeat wine : Wine of wax gourd and digested dogmeat fermented by yeast
    Dogmeat vinegar : Vinegar of wax gourd and digested dogmeat fermented by
    Acetobacter
    Dogmeat red pepper paste : Red pepper paste fermented with the addition of
    digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat soy bean paste : Soy bean paste fermented with the addition of
    digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat soy sauce : Soy sauce fermented with the addition of digested
    dogmeat
    Dogmeat-red pepper paste pickle : Dogmeat pickled in red pepper paste
    Dogmeat Kimchi : Kimchi fermented with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dog intestine sausage : Dog intestine into which blood of dog, vegetable and
    dogmeat are stuffed
    Dogmeat can : Canned dogmeat
    Dogmeat noodle : Noodle with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat Chinese noodles : Chinese noodle with the addition of digested
    dogmeat
    Dogmeat puree : Puree with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat soup : Soup with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat beverage : Beverage of the dilution of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat mayonnaise : Mayonnaise from vinegar, digested dogmeat, oil and
    egg
    Dog oil mayonnaise : Mayonnaise from vinegar, dog oil and egg
    Dogmeat ketchup : Ketchup from the mixture of digested dogmeat, tomato
    puree
    Dogmeat bread : Bread with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat cooky : Cooky with the addition of digested dogmeat
    Dogmeat hamburger : Hamburger pad made of dogmeat
    Dogmeat cutlet : Cutlet made of dogmeat
    Dogmeat ham : Ham made of dogmeat
    Dogmeat sausage : Sausage made of dogmeat
    Dogmeat cosmetics : Cream, essence and emulsion made from dog oil

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Luckily we dont have a superpower nation that treats cattles as pet, otherwise we'll be satirized as beefeaters.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It wasn't meant to be an insult to korean people. I can see how you can take that way and I apologize for it. I was just stating the Korean sports authority made a mistake before and I wouldn't be suprised if it happened agained based on past history.

They mistake against Roy Jones Jr. was considered one of the worse injustices in modern olympics which is hard to forgive especially since they did not do anything to make it up to him. It was even worse than the skating instance during the last olympics.

This was not meant to insult Korean people, and if it came off that way, I again apologize. I have many friends that are korean, and I would feel terrible if they would have felt that I insulted them with my prior statements.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

It takes a big man to admit that and apologize. Wish there were more like you around here.

17. xlr817

xlr817 Member

"To all you Clutchcity.net fan boys.....I come."

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Correction:

should be

"To all you Clutchcity.net fan boys and girls.....I am come."
    Yes, I hear it. ;)

19. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Opps,.....sorry Michecon, I didn't mean 2 exclude. it just seems like the majority of ROXS' fanatics here r males!!!;) :cool: Also it would b nice 2 hear who's male or female here @clutchcity.net?!

20. coke

coke Member

remember one post said yao ming doesn't like to have teenage girl fans...heheheehe so you can leave out the girls part