1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who said anything about asymptomatic people? I'm talking about the ones in the hospitals.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He acts like none of that matters, and that it doesn't mean anything. It's like Fauci and medical experts trying to inform and relate concerns to Trump. Total waste of effort because deaths are down and we are testing more. Who cares about the rest. It doesn't concern them.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well let's see, we have passed phase 1 now and have activated phase 2. So the answer to your question, yes, there is still capacity in TMC. However, since you only worry about deaths, yes, deaths are low, therefore people are staying alive, which means our medical professionals are doing a good job treating them. Problem is hospitalization rates, you know, the number that doesn't work with your narrative, are going up exponentially, that means phase 2 will be behind us soon and phase 3 will be activated, the last line of defense so to speak.

So with hospitalization rates going up exponentially and phase 2 close to being surpassed, what do you think that means for us here? Eventually, deaths will occur whether directly or indirectly due to COVID.

I'm not a selfish person and I hope you are right and I am wrong, because that means that at least people survived and we avoided running out of beds. I know for you, it ends there and how those people that recovered turn out, doesn't really matter to you anyways, even though that's another concern.

It's similar to how pro life people are, they care about the baby in the womb, but moments it's out, **** the little rascal.

#1823 ElPigto, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  4. Outlier

Outlier Member

How the **** doesnt it have context when I explained its from an average number of total deaths in a year? You're full of ****, dude. It's willful ignorance at this point with you. It's legitimately trolling what you're doing, and you're good at it because there was a small part of me that maybe just believed there was a little bit of a misguided heart in there. But no, dude, you're a miserable asswipe who thinks this forum is a game and wastes people's time.

There's no way anyone can be as heartless in real life to be that dismissive of real people dying. Maybe this is the kind of thing that has to be personal with you to wake you the **** up.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Provide context of the percentage of people who are asymptomatic from the total number of cases in a day. Do it, you hypocrite. Provide context or else don't post stupid comments like this.

In your eyes, most of the announced cases per day are people with no symptoms and people who just "take the test and go home and quarantine". PROVIDE PROOF that this disillusioned theory of yours is true, that majority of people do not experience symptoms that they would rather wish they didn't have.

When you have failed to provide context for this, maybe change the focus of your reasoning of why coronovirus isnt so bad to another poor strawman argument.

If you ignore this post again, and deflect once again with nonsense-- you stand for absolutely nothing. Directly answer this question and don't wimp out.

#1825 Outlier, Jul 4, 2020
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Time to post some history of @bigtexxx comments, again. He might be a troll, might be a politician, or might be child. Not worth wasting your time arguing with him, because he refuses to listen. His posts are in bold print below, dated and followed by news stories that came later. His posts don't age well, kind of like Trump's.

5/24
    Great news coming out of Georgia. The first state to re-open, and now the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper is reporting the state's 7 day average of new daily cases has fallen for three weeks in a row, and hospitalizations are down significantly, as well.

CORONAVIRUS IN GEORGIA: State passes 90,000 cases as nearly 3,000 new cases reported.
    Updated: 3:59 PM EDT Jul 3, 2020
    https://www.wjcl.com/article/corona...-in-1-day-more-than-200-hospitalized/33091004

6/08
    Meanwhile NewRox is struggling to find cities in Arizona where the hospitals might be out of capacity!

6/20
    The cry of “the hospitals will be overwhelmed” has been heard since February but it simply hasn’t happened. Why are you still clinging to this?

6/21
    More fear mongering. Yawn. Hospitals in the US haven't been overwhelmed - the warnings from March/April never came to pass, not even close.

Arizona doctors worry as ICUs fill: 'We’re leaving the hospital sometimes in tears'
    The state "is on the brink of losing control of the epidemic," one doctor said.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/leaving-hospital-tears-arizona-doctors-worry-icus-fill/story?id=71519097

Elkhart County hospitals nearly overwhelmed following spike in COVID-19 cases
    by Max Lewis, WSBT 22 Reporter
    Tuesday, June 30th 2020
    https://wsbt.com/news/local/elkhart...overwhelmed-following-spike-in-covid-19-cases

Southern hospitals inundated by surge of COVID-19 cases
    Hospitals in Houston are being overwhelmed by a flood of new coronavirus patients. Hard-hit Arizona is also seeing a rise in hospitalizations. Janet Shamlian reports.20H AGO
    ‘It’s going to last a while’: Influx of COVID-19 patients threatens to push San Antonio hospitals to the breaking point
    Lauren Caruba | on June 28, 2020
    https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/amp/It-s-going-to-last-a-while-Influx-of-15371417.php

SATURATED HOUSTON HOSPITALS TRANSFERRING COVID-19 PATIENTS TO OTHER CITIES
    By Miya Shay
    Wednesday, July 1, 2020 9:34AM CT
    https://abc13.com/covid-19-pandemic-coronavirus-hospitals/6286076/

Texas won’t specify where hospital beds are available as coronavirus cases hit record highs
    https://www.texastribune.org/about/staff/sarah-r-champagne/

Health official: Valley hospitals at capacity, divert patients
    So we have been reaching that critical situation that we have been fearing for a long time. We are becoming, basically, New York.” Dr. Jose Vazquez, Starr County Health Authority
    Staff Report
    July 3, 2020
    https://www.themonitor.com/2020/07/03/3-die-cameron-county-81-new-covid-19-cases-emerge/

#1826 deb4rockets, Jul 4, 2020
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Story? Lol thats fine I wouldnt expect anything less from the top 6 clowns here.

Let's look at facts.. we are talking death right?
    125,000 deaths in 90 days. This is not old news or fake news
    ..or 1918 news. This is now. That is the fact I am sorry to report.

The notion of bringing up death to minimize death? CLOWNS NEVER CRIED SO LOUD

whats grosser than gross?
    I wish there was someone worthy of debate from the right on this bbs... Seriously.

instead we get clown show talking about deaths when we have 125,000 of them. No plan no nothing lets wish it away try to distract when the fresh bodies are piled up.

Welcome to winning rudderless..drifting in la la world

mask it up ..mask it in..
    you didnt come to WIN..
    battle me thats a sin..

I wont ever slack up..
    Punk you better back up

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you are getting trolled.

Only a troll brings up deaths when there are 125,000 of them

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow I’m just waking up to see the drunk posts of the “overnight crew” of elpigto, outlier, ibtl and deb. Lots of cursing and insults, which tells me all I need to know - you’re frustrated that you can’t refute the facts I share. I’m not trolling at all. You can call it that, but it’s only because you can’t defend yourself with facts, logic and reason.

you’re all emotionally tied to the narrative you’re spoon fed by the media. Step back and look at the facts - don’t let the biased media do the thinking for you.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

www.usnews.jpg

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Troll

RayRay10, subtomic and ElPigto like this.
  12. Outlier

Outlier Member

How unsurprising. I presented you with facts and logic. And you continue to ignore it. There's no drunk posts here-- I'm up to continue this if you even bother to respond to what I shared. You're pathetic dude.

AleksandarN, IBTL and deb4rockets like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RayRay10, superfob and Nook like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He's just trolling. Nothing else makes sense. Logic defies him. He thinks the cases of hospitalizations rising is fake news. He has a history of posting stuff that ends up contradicting him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey bigtexxxx. I expect you to wimp out because you're a troll, but I've done your research for you because you are lazy.

Try to argue with this logic, fact, and reasoning (oh yeah, you won't):

According to Spain's antibody study, which was the largest and most well designed of similar types of studies, THE NUMBER OF ASYMPTOMATIC CASES out of a randomly selected group of 70,000 participants was 33.7%.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/gjjxt4/337_of_subjects_with_antibodies_for_coronavirus/

"How big of a deal is it when people are asymptomatic?"

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No sense giving him your time. He has his own agenda. After all, this is the guy who said on April 10th......

This virus may be turning into a total flop. Hospital capacity does not seem to be a widespread problem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dude there are 125,000 dead. Why do you keep posting and letting yourself get owned by the whole board? Its really weird!!! lol... I feel kinda bad for you but you really are doing a smash up job getting biden elected. good one

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@bigtexxx believes out of the 132K deaths in the US, 32K are not Americans

So it's just 100K deaths which is something he is really proud of

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah because proud and deaths go so well together.

I normally would advise to have bigot stop posting but guys like him are really doing their part to solidify biden. Keep it coming i say

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

most are on their last leg they had a good run

- @bigtexxx