1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly if we are looking at economy a testing program is a worthy investment.
    A minute test would definitely be the game changer we need and at that point if couldn't eliminate the virus ..it could severely dampen its prospects.

This is money worth spending.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

EU lift restriction on travel starting 7/1 for ...

US is still restricted

I think we will see more and more of this, where nations that have contained the virus to a reasonable level will open up to each others while maintaining restriction on nations that haven't. I would guess this will have a negative economic impact on the nations that are left out.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...ctions-for-residents-of-some-third-countries/

Council agrees to start lifting travel restrictions for residents of some third countries
    The Council today adopted a recommendation on the gradual lifting of the temporary restrictions on non-essential travel into the EU. Travel restrictions should be lifted for countries listed in the recommendation, with this list being reviewed and, as the case may be, updated every two weeks.

Based on the criteria and conditions set out in the recommendation, as from 1 July member states should start lifting the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries:

• Algeria
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • Georgia
    • Japan
    • Montenegro
    • Morocco
    • New Zealand
    • Rwanda
    • Serbia
    • South Korea
    • Thailand
    • Tunisia
    • Uruguay
    • China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Dan Patrick can go to hell. I wish his ignorant ass would catch COVID-19 and suffer mightily. Maybe then he would finally treat this pandemic with the severity it deserves.

#1564 DVauthrin, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He’s a walking, talking embarrassment.

Andre0087, DVauthrin, Rashmon and 3 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why is Rand Paul such a know it all jackass? Go ahead and tell the state of Kentucky to ignore Dr. Fauci because he talks based on the best research and data available rather than provide an optimistic view that may not be based on scientific data and research.

I'm pretty irritated with this **** from Rand Paul. Dr. Fauci is a professional that has a code ethics to uphold based on his professional license. He cannot give advice people to do something that data doesn't back up because that could potentially be a liability. Yes, experts can be wrong, but what the **** is the point of having an expert in our government body if politicians who aren't experts are going to pick and choose when not to listen to the expert. Rand Paul is a ****ing opthalmologist that also needed a license to practice, why does he put this fake ass facade as if he doesn't understand where Dr. Fauci is coming from. **** that guy.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Quoting myself on this, here is a Rand Paul interview which he talks about Americans keeping their freedoms bullshit.

Shout out to @bigtexxx , Rand Paul wants to only focus on death rates as well, conveniently ignores hospitalization rates and post COVID long term issues.

Rand Paul lives in a fantasy world where he believes people will make the right choices. I want to live in that fantasy world as well, because personally I would love to tell government to **** off. However, this fantasy world does not exist and I'm surrounded by selfish, ignorant ****ers that need to be scared into complying with recommendations.

We all know that just simply being alive has an associated risk, I don't need Rand Paul to remind me of this bullshit. Maybe Rand Paul should spend more time educating his public about the importance of wearing masks, socially distancing and washing your hands to reduce the risk of spread rather than telling us, "well if you aren't in a risky group, you should be free to make your own choices because that's what 'Merica was founded on."

#1567 ElPigto, Jul 1, 2020
  8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow, a homophobic insult? Really?

Let’s rise above that, please.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a pathetic human being.

#1569 deb4rockets, Jul 1, 2020
    DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

OMG, what a pompous jerk. He acts like he knows so much, just like Trump. He is hell bent on stopping mail in voting in Texas. That's what this is all about. That, and kissing Trump's ass to the point of giving him a hickey.

WOW, I can't believe he just said that. That just at shows his total ignorance. He is an ignorant fool who doesn't give a **** about how many people end up in hospitals or die. He and Dan Patrick are gonna have a lot of blood on their hands when this is over.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

The Republican governors of Texas and Arizona have even tried to prevent municipalities from imposing their own mask rules. They won'y listen to the science and health experts, perhaps they will listen to economists...

National mask mandate could save 5 percent of GDP, economists say
    The requirement could protect the public while avoiding some of the pain of an economic shutdown, Goldman Sachs research finds
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Amiga like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Crenshaw, Abbott, Patrick Cruz and the rest are pompous political ladder climbing greedy men, who want so badly to please Trump. It sure seems like dirty money politics. I can't see any logical reason for their stupidity. They just keep putting their foot in their mouth over and over so far. I can't even believe they get paid for their incompetence. Disgusting really.

It's like someone set up some offshore bank accounts for them or something to do the things they are doing. It just seems really fishy and corrupt.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They will blame the mayors when things go wrong, but tie their hands when they get
    Proactive. It's the Trump way.

The Republicans are coming soon, to a convention center near you. Drinking, eating, and hyping up white power, tax loop havens. Offshore bank accounts, oil, and how to keep our neighborhoods white.

No masks required. Spreading lies and false hopes.

#1574 deb4rockets, Jul 1, 2020
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

this is a pretty clear example of the Republican officials shooting themselves in the foot. They want to re-open because of the economy - I think it’s fair to said that’s goes for everyone. Yet, they fall victims to a few extreme but very loud outliners that refuses to wear mask. Result - more cases and business are starting to shutdown again.

I don’t know how and where this anti-mask started, but leaders of the Republican Party are responsible for not pushing back and in case of Trump and Pence, for demonstrating that mask is not needed by not wearing them in public.

DVauthrin, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just like Abbott didn't follow advice on reopening only after 14 days of no rise in cases. We see how that has backfired. Looking back on 7 day averages of new daily cases.

March 31 (377)
    April 30 (866)
    May 31 (1247)
    June 30 (6,036)

He is refusing to face the truth, and blood will be all over the hands of Republicans for their part in this situation in Texas.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Really?

You place no blame on the 60,000 George Floyd protesters who made no effort to social distance? Why is Harris County the biggest problem in the state?

I doubt even 5% of those George Floyd folks were republicans, yet that's where you place the blame. Doesn't add up!

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

All in the name of mean ole government not telling us what to do!! I would think that ideally, the majority of us would want less government in our lives. The problem is that we are filled with greed and corruption and there is no reasonable way to drain the swamp. Surely, this should be an "everyone is on board issue", but apparently I'm being led to believe that covid is party affiliated and has chosen the side to doom.

19. NewRoxFan

Florida Will Not Stop Reopening, Despite 6th-Highest COVID-19 Rate in U.S.
    https://www.newsweek.com/florida-wi...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593576301

https://www.changeresearch.com/post/states-of-play-battleground-wave-8

And 58% believe Florida opened up too early...
    [​IMG]
    https://www.changeresearch.com/post/states-of-play-battleground-wave-8
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I haven't seen Texas protest numbers, but in MN less than 2% of protestors tested positive. NY also has continued to show a decline despite their thousands of protestors.

Will you please point me to the Houston and/or Texas data? Thanks

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.