1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Texan Fans, How Do You Feel About the Titans Taking Mariota?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, May 1, 2015.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I bet Nate Washington catches more TD's against the Titans this year than Mariota throws OR runs against us.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I became a Texans fan because they are local and they have grown into a really good franchise....what reason would there be to follow the Titans? Living in Tennessee with nothing better to do?

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

9-7 or 10-6? Delusional. Jesus...

At least be realistic.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, it's like he doesn't realize he's talking about the Titans. 8-8 would be an amazing season for them given the talent they have.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wish somebody loved me as much as the media loves Marcus Mariota.

FWIW I expect all running QB's to fail, because they usually do, so I'm thrilled the Titans took Mariota.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Running QB with a small frame in the same division as JJ Watt...what could possibly go wrong?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think the Titans are going to be playoff material this year... probably not next year...

... but I'm pissed Mariota went to them. He may flame out... but he also may be a top 10 QB in a few years.

That said, it's up to the Texans to field a better team and find their HOF QB at some point.... and it doesn't really matter what the Titans and Mariota do.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

6-10? 7-9? We were 9-7 last year, and our defense has only gotten better. Looking at the Titans roster, on what planet can you, with a straight face, predict 10-6?? You have huge holes at pretty much every position, and play J.J. Watt and Andrew Luck 4 times.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That Tennessee meth is strong.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Welcome to the NFL, Marcus Mariota <a href="https://t.co/gRdCDTcKMo">https://t.co/gRdCDTcKMo</a></p>&mdash; LeadingNFL (@LeadingNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/632335989374091264">August 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Heisman Winner Marcus Mariota rebounds after shaky start with a nice TD drive. Overall- 7/8, 94 yards, INT, fumble.</p>&mdash; CFB Matrix (@CFBMatrixMag) <a href="https://twitter.com/CFBMatrixMag/status/632339912512045056">August 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Falcons' starting defense is too much for him....damn I feel bad for him when he goes up against the Texans if he's still starting.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Judging him on his first NFL Action? :confused:

Mariota is better than anyone we have at the moment.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd pick Mallett over Mariota if I had the choice. The guy is going to be the next Jake Locker for the Titans.

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

He looked really rough right off the bat. Very uncomfortable. He settled down, but you can see his progressions are very basic. He's reading the first target, throws if he's open, or is checking down immediately. Nearly exactly what he did at Oregon. It's going to take him a long time to progress. If he chooses to run his career is going to be very short. Jake Locker's career was pretty much destroyed by the Texans defense. I just feel bad for him to have to deal with the Texans and the Jags defenses 4 times a year.

Mett looks much better than him, and played pretty decently last year. I actually wanted the Texans to draft Mett in the 3rd/4th last year.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping Mariota stays healthy, I'd much prefer play the Titans with Mariota at QB than Mett.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Im late but you do know that Watt is the best player in the NFL right. Trust he will get to Mariota a lot this season. And it won't be because of poor line play, it will be because he's just that good.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I love how Mariota was getting praised for his 12 practices and no interceptions thrown.

Plus, this is the preseason…he'll get rocked when the season starts.

If the Titans get lucky, he'll be an average NFL QB over his career.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

His 1st two series he fumbled and threw an interception. Then the coach keep him in for another series and he completed 6 or 7 straight and the media went ape crazy. lol

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Important to note that it was against the other team's 2nd team defense too.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bobby Indeed