1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Texan Fans, How Do You Feel About the Titans Taking Mariota?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, May 1, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Locker wasn't that college. How QBs become better in the NFL than they were in college?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Brady, Tom
    Brees, Drew

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brees was a very good college QB.

Brady just didn't play much.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure Brees was good, but he wasn't Drew Brees good.....actually he wasn't really that till he got to New Orleans. I was just using those two as examples off the top of my head of QB's that ended up being much better pro QB's than college QB's......that said, Mariota is the opposite, I doubt he ever measures up to how he did in college. The Titans basically wasted yet another early pick on a "questionable" QB and I think it'll set them back several years.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Texans ruined Gabbert and Locker, haven't yet been able to derail Luck. Marriota closer to Gabbert and Locker level than Luck so it's inevitable.

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

The t*** have more problems than just their offense. They could've patched a lot of holes with that offer from the Eagles. We won't know if Mariota is good for a couple of years, but they could've turned that defense around quickly with the Eagles trade.

Add that to the way our defense is shaping up...I'm happy they took Mariota.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not going to fight about it, but Jake Locker was not universally loved by scouts. Media people loved him, but most scouts saw physical tools and nothing else.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wow Bobby. This is the first time you ever made a "way too early call" about a player! It's amazing! Bobbythegreat has an opinion on what a player's future will be for the first time ever!

LOL

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Mariota's night appears over, which would be his 4th straight practice without being intercepted. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash">#Titans</a></p>&mdash; Teresa Walker (@TeresaMWalker) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeresaMWalker/status/628384122562609156">August 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's nice and all, but how much of that is Mariota and how much of that is an awful Titans defense? They only had 12 all of last season.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What are you waiting for Goodell?? Give him the MVP already!

12. bigreg

bigreg Member

As a Titan fan, I'm estatic that we took Mariota. At worst, he is the 3rd best starting QB in the division, and the argument could be made that he the 2nd best. At any rate, it gives us a QB that you must gameplan for, which we haven't had since VY. Mariota is going to give the division fits from Day 1. And when he and DGB get on the same page, that combo is gonna wreak havoc, especially in the red zone. Say hello to 9-7 or 10-6 for my Titans. We'll watch the texans battle it out with the Jags for 3rd place at 6-10, maybe 7-9.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, there's no such thing as a Titans fan.

14. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

That's funny bigreg. I predict 6 sacks for JJ Watt at the expense of Mariota.

15. bigreg

bigreg Member

Lol, says a Texans fan. Tell me, are you a fan because they play in Houston and you live here? Or are you a fan because you enjoy the comedy and corniness of the front office? Or is it personal ties to the team? Curious as to when you became a fan......

16. bigreg

bigreg Member

That's not happening. And honestly, if Watt gets to Mariota, it's going to be because of piss poor line play. In fact, Casey, Morgan, and Orakpo will sack whoever your qb is going to be more times than your 3 best pass rushers get to Mariota.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, exactly. This is exactly what's going to happen.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

How do I feel about it?

I feel like JJ Watt will punish him like he does to all the rest.

19. Buck Turgidson

Riiiiight. Couldn't be because the guy is any good, certainly not Best Defensive Player in the NFL good or anything like that. Nope, must be because the Titans dun goofed.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree. It will be because of the offensive line. J.J. Watt is nothing special. He's just another guy.

Signed,

Leroy Harris
    Chance Warmack