1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Texan Fans, How Do You Feel About the Titans Taking Mariota?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, May 1, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You might be expecting too much from some....

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Mariota has the potential to be great. It's unfortunate for him he got drafted by the Titans. They're not good elsewhere. They're not a team that had a one year horrible blip. They've got a long long way to go and QBs who start early in those situations generally don't develop like they otherwise could.

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

running qbs never last, winston will be better

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just a hunch, but I don't think he is going to be successful in the NFL. The games I have seen him play I wondered why people thought he was going to be so great. I am glad they drafted him.

5. alethios

alethios Member

I believe our defense will trump any preconceived notions about Titans' offense.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's got hunter, wright, and now DGB to throw to

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Really don't care who the Titans, Colts or Jags drafted. They are now on the hit list.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ouch. Kiss of Death.

9. MystikArkitect

Knowing what the Eagles offered...not sure I'd want that info out of I were the Titans. That is a kings ransom for an unproven QB not named Andrew Luck. He better pan out for them.

Happy they took him instead of taking that trade.

10. Remii

Remii Member

I don't think he'll beat out Mettenberger and they can still eventually trade him. I'd be more concerned about their receivers if DGB lives up to the hype.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Titans suck.

That is all.

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Not happy. At worst he's Vince Young without mental issues and better passing mechanics. They've also drafted a Plaxico Burress clone in DGB to throw to, coincidentally filling two of the same needs we had coming into this draft.

13. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I see Mariota as a potential Cam Newton.
    It is true Mettenberger has asked for a trade? If so, the QB controversy has already started.
    Personally, I think Jags just got a whole lot better.
    I hate it they got Tevin Coleman - kid will be very good. I wanted him for Texans.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

A Plax clone more mentally than physically

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Having a great QB covers up a lot of roster problems. However, missing on QBs is what causes so many roster problems. See: the Titans and Jake Locker. I think Mariota will be fine, but I wonder if Wisenhunt is the best coach for a player like him.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

They're both around 6 ft 5 230lbs with other comparable measurables. Plax ran a sub 4.6 40 to DGB's sub 4.5. Vert for both is around 33. Broad jump 115 inches to 119. I brought up Plax as a comparison point because of their measurables, off field issues, and because their connection to Whisenhunt who was on the Steelers staff for almost all of Plax's career in Pittsburgh.

17. Fantasma Negro

Mariotta has a lot of similarities to Jake Locker, not very bright and plays well against college players. I don't see him having an impact in this division because he's not going to play. Mettenburger is a better all around qb than him so unless its a short leash for Mettenburger, Marriotta won't be making an impact for at least three years. He's more likely to be traded imo

18. Fantasma Negro

Now, pairing DGB with Justin Hunter, Dexter McCluster Kendall Wright? That's cause for concern....

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What a bizarre comparison.

1) Where does the 'Not very bright" knock come from? Certainly not his coaches or any football people who have interviewed him.

2) Locker was terribly inaccurate in college and that continued in the pros. A lot of NFL scouts were VERY DOWN on Locker prior to him coming out. I remember Lance saying on the radio something like "players with this kind of accuracy problem don't get fixed."

The only knock on Mariota is the offense he ran.

20. Fantasma Negro

People were saying Locker was the next Montana in his junior year and were shocked when he stayed at Washington for his senior year. Sound familiar? Both did not play in pro style offenses and were beaten quite soundly when they played against teams that did. Both guys scamble a lot, which is why Locker could never stay healthy in the pros because defenses will knock the soul out of a qb that dares tuck the ball and run. Neither trusts their arms which is why I called then not very smart. And both were taken by the Titans in the first round