1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As of right now, is Lin one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jan 21, 2013.

?

Is he one of the worst?

1. Yes.

39.7%
  2. No.

45.8%
  3. Y U A LOH DOE BRAH?

14.5%
  1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Elite passer, good defender, and his trade value is probably a lot higher than Lins.

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

anyones trade value is better then lins right now.

everyone hyped him up so now that not only is he not living up to the hype, but just playing bad basketball. nobody will want this "Linsanity" that once took place and is likely to never return.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

- the rockets broke him, they got to fix him if they want to trade him.

4. kcal

kcal Member

Lin has developed the ability to stand and watch harden iso to an extra-ordinary degree. Lin's got skills.

5. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

its internet buddy..keep your cool, good to your health. :)

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I disagree, rubio is not a good defender... he is damn fun to watch tho :D

7. pnr

pnr Member

He is a pretty good defender though. Almost makes up for his offense.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

"I think we're really going to miss him there because he's really good at keeping his guy in front of him," Wolves coach Rick Adelman

I don't watch too much Wolves games but from everything I've read seems like he's a solid defender.

9. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Rubio is a pretty good defender. He's smart, but his offensive game is an abomination.

He runs the PNR incredibly well though, I mean Nashesque levels. But unless he ever develops a jump-shot he'll become a rotational player at best.

Can't shoot, can't finish at the rim, no mid-range game, no athleticism. Elite court-vision and passing ability though just no tools to take advantage of it.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

The fact that you are being benched for Tony Douglas and a guy who couldn't make the NBA says it all.

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

that the coach sucks?

13. wukong

wukong Member

I know many of you just hate to look at Stats... but for those of you that do enjoy a bit of numbers...

I thought it would be interesting to compare JLin and JHarden numbers. and then extrapolate what JLin's numbers would be if he took as many attempted shots as JHarden. he obviously takes MANY less shots. who knows why. coaching instructions or his own decision... I would say someone needs to get him to shoot more. We need his points to win.

Using Latest data from Hoopdata 38 games for JLin and 37 for JHarden:
    Averages Per game Made shots (points) Attempted shots ( points):

Jeremy Lin 2pt Made 3.7 (7.4pts) Attempted 7.3 (14.6pts) 50.7%
    Jeremy Lin 3pt Made .8 (2.4pts) Attempted 3.1 (9.3pts) 25.8%
    Jeremy Lin FTpt Made 2.2 (2.2pts) Attempted 2.7 (2.7pts) 81.5%
    Total of 12 points average made per game

James Harden 2pt Made 6 (12pts) Attempted 10.9 (21.8 pts) 55%
    James Harden 3pt Made 2 (6pts) Attempted 5.6 (16.8 pts) 35.7%
    James Harden FTpt Made 8.5 (8.5pts) Attempted 10 (10pts) 85.0%
    Total of 26.5 points average per game

But what if JLin Attempted the same number of shots as JHarden but at JLin's percentages???

Jeremy Lin 2pt Made 5.5 (11pts) Attempted 10.9 (21.8 pts) 50.7%
    Jeremy Lin 3pt Made 1.4 (4.3pts) Attempted 5.6 (16.8pts) 25.8%
    Jeremy Lin FTpt Made 8.1 (8.1 pts) Attempted 10 (10pts) 81.5%
    Total of 23.5 points average made per game

(More reasonable would be to keep the FT’s same for JLin and assume JLin would not get fouled as often as JHarden. That is Harden’s specialty. a little over 1/3 of his points come from FT's!)
    Total of 17.6 points average per game

14. kreia

kreia Member

Last couple of games, ye.
    Over the season, no way in hell.
    Probably like 12-14 point guards that are definitively better than him right now, and like 6-7 that are about the same as him, so he's around 14-20 if we were to rank him. People need to realise that guys like Teague, Lawson(although he's the best out of this lot), Collison, Hill etc. are all having up and down seasons like Lin. If you follow other teams' box scores you'll notice that they (and other point guards I didn't list) put up craptastic games as well, (hell Lawson's had more than a couple 0 point outings).

So basically I'd put Lin anywhere between 14-20ish, worse than 25 is definitely an emotionally charged response, and any higher than 13 is being really, REALLY optimistic.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is how a good pg helps his team:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In 5 games with John Wall, <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23wizards">#wizards</a> are scoring 12 more pts, shooting 8% better from field &amp; 11% better from 3 than they did 1st 33 games</p>&mdash; Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/293341444733800448" data-datetime="2013-01-21T12:57:05+00:00">January 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lins fans have more of a persecution mentality than any group of player fans I've ever seen. I click on these threads because it's like Royce White's twitter. A car crash that you know you should look away but just can't help yourself.

If Jeremy Lin isn't the starting PG on my favorite team, I would read this thread with pure laughter. Absolutely comedy gold.

1 person likes this.
  17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How is Ramon Sessions not better than Lin?

18. gengar

gengar Member

This thread is purposefully flawed. The third option eats up voters from the "No" category.

The OP is a super Lin hater. He's probably one of those idiots that think Lowry is better than Lin when we saw Lin whoop Lowry when he came here and Lin's ceiling (back in NY) was much higher than anything Lowry has shown us.

19. gengar

gengar Member

I request mods close this thread until OP manages to open one without a flawed poll

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He isn't one of the worst point guards. I just traded for him in one of my fantasy leagues.

He just needs to stop deferring and needs to play with confidence, that's all.