1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Doh! For some reason I thought the game was tonight

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Such a potent offense would make opposition defense work harder. Factor that into your negative equations.
    The top PF's in the west are the ones that gave us the most problems, they'd have to work on both ends.

3. conquistador#11

until there is a change in philosophy, belief in a system, a system that we don't have, melo would take us to a 2nd round exit.

if we want to lose to the spurs in the conference finals playing playground ball, adding Lebron would be the best thing. Lebron= best fit.

(add your favorit "you don't say" meme here)

1 person likes this.
  4. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

If the Rockets can angle a sign and trade and use their exceptions wisely, they would be the best team in the league. Obviously those aren't weak conditions, but the chance isn't something you pass up.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Carmelo Anthony leaning towards leaving New York; Chicago, Houston frontrunners <a href="http://t.co/TerCQyX58o">http://t.co/TerCQyX58o</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statuses/477875286520758273">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Best team in the league?! Slow down there! :p

Team doesn't play any defense

and

and

and

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

The Knicks know they could get Parsons out of us in a sign and trade for Melo, they know our team wants him bad enough so you know they will- especially with an arguement of taking Lin+Asik and eating an un-warranted extra 15 million for the two

Our only hope.. is the magical power of MOREY

My guess: Parsons(s&t),Lin,Asik,1st round pick

Knicks - Melo(s&t)

Pretty sure with how low Parsons contract is worth before the sign and trade- money-wise this works

We pick up Camby for cheap to backup dwight- he will sign for cheap plus melo friendship

Bev/Cannan
    Harden/Daniels
    Melo/Casspi
    Jones/D-Mo
    Dwight/Camby

and use some money to get filler- Covington will get a shot next year too

#67 Realjad, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Melo is using HOU and CHI as leverage to join Lebron. HOU is using Melo as leverage to land Bosh.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Should have seen this coming. One of the top 15 players in the league says he wants to join 2 other top 10 players on the rockets, and everyone has something to complain about.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given the trade history between NY and Morey, if I was the Knicks owner I'd threaten to fire the GM if he even accepted a phone call from Morey.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Honestly with Melo on the team I don't want Parsons, he's a good player and all but a team with Harden/Melo/Dwight doesn't need anymore offense, so paying 10+mil for a pretty much purely offensive player doesn't make much sense especially when this team REALLY needs to improve on the other end.

12. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Everything? All we wood have to give up is "I don't want to be here " Asik and " I have mood swings im a star I'm a dud "Lin". We definitely have a chance

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No real surprise there.

Houston is the logical choice.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If the Rox clear the salary then they lose some of the exceptions, yes?

If the Rox do an SnT then they retain all the exceptions, yes?

In an SnT the Knixies get the advantage of a large TE + a likely draft pick or two.

If Melo is a serious option then the Zen can bolster his team in the SnT way.

Yes?

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Give me Lowry.

16. Realjad

Bev/Cannan
    Harden/Daniels
    Melo/Casspi
    Jones/D-Mo
    Dwight/Camby

and use some money to get decent filler backup pg/center- Covington will get a shot next year too

yet this roster does spell injury all over it- THE RGV will have to come through- I'm positive if mangaed correctly they could go into the playoffs 100% which is whats important.

Jones is ganna be better/ d-mo will be better or should be or his nba duration is dead and daniels/convington/cannan between the chemistry they developed in the d-league i think one of the 3 is poised to have a breakout year. Next year all that development time will pay off

17. Carl Herrera

Harden, Melo, Dwight = the new

[​IMG]

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, what do you get out of ridiculous trolling like this? I mean, it's funny but is that the only appeal?

19. Realjad

Don't you ever compare Harden to the Rockets Pippen. How dare you

Pippen quit on the team

Harden quit on defense

1/2 a difference there

20. Carl Herrera

It's the last time we had a "big 3," no?