1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ramona Shelbourne is one of the biggest Lakers douchebags out there.

That being said, I would love to see Melo end up in LA.

You need three balls to play with Melo and Kobe on the same team.

Kobe will rip him a new one.

1 person likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

True.

3. Exel

Exel Member

New article by Zach Lowe on Melo's decision. It contains some good paragraphs on how it impacted the Rockets.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

"persons of knowledge" "inside sources" "source close to ____" all = Complete BS is what I learned this free agency

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The LeBron/Bosh situation makes me anxious.

This is one situation I can kick back and get the popcorn ready for with nothing at stake.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

At this point I'm glad we're likely not getting Melo. The guy clearly has other priorities. Some of them are fair (family) but the others are not (money, pressure, marketing, etc). If he signs with the Knicks he'll never win a championship and he'll watch his friend Lebron get a couple more.

If he were really all about winning, the Knicks would be way out of the running already. Are you kidding me? A rookie coach and a HOPE of signing players next summer when he's 31? In the East where he will never get past Lebron?

Come on. This guy wants to win, but doesn't want to give anything up for it. When Lebron wanted to win, he did whatever it took. Leave your hometown. Dubious collusion with players. Fans hated him. Whatever. He has two rings. That's a guy who wants rings and doesn't care about any other thing, not even whether fans consider it impressive. He's cemented his legacy among the few who can claim to have won rings.

Melo's legacy will be another Barkley, Nique, etc. In all sincerity I hope he has a happy life and this is best for him family, but I don't think we should be signing that type of player who needs to put so many things above or at the same level as winning a ring.

#6366 Mathloom, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are disrespecting both of them with that comparison, Nique maybe not as much, but Barkley a lot.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...rce-knicks-bulls-lakers-still-in-mix-for-melo

Per Ken Berger:

I would LOVE to have Taj Gibson and Mike Dunleavy and the Rockets seem to like them a great deal, too.

If the Rockets have the tools to do this, which most likely would depend on the team either missing out on Bosh, acquiring Taj and Dunleavy would be a GREAT consolation price.

The way to do it would be to roll the Asik trade into a 3 way deal, take in Dunleavy and Taj, give Chicago multiple 1st round picks/assets, plus maybe exchanging Jones (cheap replacement PF) for Anthony Randolph.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Marc Stein, on ESPN radio re: Melo situation: &quot;Knicks went from confident, to freaked out, to confident, now they are back to freaked out.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/statuses/487572242965213185">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A source close to Melo: Down to NY &amp; CHI. Was some thinking early on Melo &amp; Bron could play together but now Melo decision could come today.</p>&mdash; Jared Zwerling (@JaredZwerling) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/statuses/487641589171245056">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LOL....**** Carmelo....

Who cares where he plays now...dude is an afterthought...

12. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I wanted Melo but this will hopefully work out even better.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

When all this boils over, I think Carmelo is going to be the biggest loser from this Free Agency class.

14. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Who cares about this guy now, Bosh is the best fit for this team. I hope he stays with NY actually.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think he'll pick the Bulls...if he has any sort of a brain that is. Houston was the best choice but the fool let it slip out of his hands.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THIS JUST IN: Carmelo Anthony is deciding between Knicks &amp; Bulls. Lakers are out. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith">@stephenasmith</a>) <a href="http://t.co/k7pzCtGoYQ">pic.twitter.com/k7pzCtGoYQ</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/487653777718382592">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is hilarious! melo was supposed to be the star of this free agency class and was supposed to get the attention he thought he deserved and then Lebron steals it away from him like everything else in his career. I couldnt help but laugh at this tool. Nobody even cares about him anymore.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487691852196642816">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

See why I was saying we should be happy to miss out on this tool? Bipolar decisions left and right.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Crazy twist if Wade & Melo go to Chicago. What a day.