1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Dear lord Melo decide soon

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ramona Shelburne is so full of ****. Same bull**** as last year, just a Lakers cheerleader employed by ESPN.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Miami and Florida in general.

Even when their teams are playing well they are lukewarm. the Marlins...lol.

Say what you want about Houston, but if the team is playing well people will show up.

Also the Oilers did not leave because of poor attendance. The Texans never have to worry about selling tickets. Only way Reliant doesn't have a full capacity is because they are 2-10 or something. If they are even 500 that place is selling out.

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

and who the hell is the Lakers coach? at least all these other teams have a coach.

I can't see him envisioning success with the Lakers with a broken down Kobe + fillers and no coach yet......yeah real BRIGHT future in LA! I hope this is leverage b/c if not Melo never cared for winning and I'm fine w/o that Melo on our team.

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

lol not consider Rockets? I don't even...

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Didnt she throw out the same b.s. about Dwight last yr? "He won't leave LA" lol sure he won't.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I see it the same way. Melo isn't going to spoil his chance to be the center of attention by letting the cat out of the bag before he can announce it publicly. So these "sources" are getting played like a fiddle right now. He is definitely not going to the Lakers. That one is laughable.

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Agreed. If he said in the meeting the winning is his 1st priority, he should come to Houston. I don't know why he need more time to think about going to LA or Chicago. I understand New York because of money and his family, but that is not a winning team. Why even came to Rockets meeting if he do not care about winning?

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I tend to think that LA is being used for leverage to induce New York to take a sign-and-trade package for Melo from Chicago. If either LA, or NY's offer was so incredible, he would simply sign rather than have reports circulate in the press.

10. houtown

houtown Member

Its not all about winning and going with the more talented team for melo and there is nothing wrong with that. The most talented teams dont always win. Saying its all about winning is a simple minded way to look at it. There are alot of factors that play a role in chosing a team. Its not like he cant win anywhere else. He will win no matter the team, even with the knicks in my opinion. No need to question him, its his preference based on what works for him all around. I wouldnt be dissapointed if he doesnt sign in houston.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If it's not about winning then don't say it's about winning. If Melo goes to LA because his wife wants the acting ops that's fine but don't tell people it's about winning. Honestly this is one of those things where whatever he picks will be fine. If he goes to LA or stays in New York we know he's about everything but winning and who would want a guy like that? Dwight said it was about winning and he made the pick that gave him a shot to win.

The only part that sucks is Melo jerking us around a few days about how much he wants to win when other people were available to sign, if he doesn't sign with Chicago or Houston of course.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It really looks like we're out of the running. It would not surprise me in the least though if the LA story is complete BS. There is a new twist/storyline every. single. day. It's the same as Dwight last year. You gotta keep the people watching.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Signed,

New York Knicks last year?

14. ThaShark316_28

If they want to REALLY make this go...

Add a "mystery team".

15. Raven

Raven Member

If it's about winning, he joins the Rockets. If it's about money (nothing wrong with that), he stays in NY or forces a S&T, but if he joins the Lakers, he has exposed his true priority, being a celebrity. Now there's nothing wrong with that either as long as he admits it.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's one of the best football cities in the country.

17. ThaShark316_28

To hell with Houston, bruh, from a sports fan perspective.

From Houston, etc...fans are ass. At least, to me they are.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once again...it'll be hilarious when he signs with New York or LA and in the press conference brings up how "this is the best place for him to win championships".

19. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Carmelo should not say winning anymore, use the term celebrity instead.

20. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Maybe Carmelo meant to say winning as in celebrity championship? so NY, LA, and Chi?